zatchmo

Thank you gentlemen! I'll get right on it!

The jack plate: any input on how to adjust it for a ss-mid?
You have to take the back half of it off and flip it over. Kind of difficult to explain without pictures, and I don't have any. Sorry.

Bobalouie

You have the back half that the motor bolts to and the front half that bolts to the boat. Just take the Jackplate off the hull and pull the three bolts off of each side. Take the right side front half piece and put it on the left side, and the left side front half piece will go on the right. Each will have to get turned upside down to make the bolt holes for attachment to the hull line up.

aeneas

The red beauty will stay in storage this summer, perhaps even the whole season. Maybe I'll rig her later to try her out but my focus is elsewhere right now... A couple of weeks ago my mother was diagnosed with cancer and I will travel to see her in the south of France as much as I can.

My plan to purchase a towing vehicle has also been put aside for the time being. If I should stumble on something super good I'll go for it but I am not looking actively now.

I wish you all a great boating summer!

/Nils

Last edited:

ROBERT CROSS

Nils,

Just finished reading this very interesting thread...

Very sorry for the surprise on your last post, hope all goes well with your Mom.

Family First...A special prayer sent.

Bob

aeneas

Tomorrow I will go to the boat and get some measurements and make a shopping list. I have made one purchase for the boat - a towing vehicle...

ROBERT CROSS

Nils,

Glad to see your back. :smile!!!!

Hope things have smoothed out for you.

:help get'r in the H2o and post some pic's!!!

Bob

aeneas

Hey Bob,

I am going to France next week to see my mother. The cancer is gone but she had to postpone the chemo because of very low white cells. It can drag out a bit.

I went to see the boat tonight and discussed how I should rig her. I am thinking of a 8 or 10" Bobs hydrualic jack plate and a custom built steering with double cylinders (stainless with stainless armored hoses) on a SeaStarPro 2.4 (Allison pump) - a proven very solid off shore racing steering.

The tow vehicle went 100km with the top down. :very happy

/Nils

Last edited:

ROBERT CROSS

Nils,

Glad to hear things are back on track, good luck on your visit.

Your rigging plans sound great...keep us posted...

don't let the frogs bite 'ya on your trip :wink

Bob

baitcaster

Looks like you been getting a lot of advice, LOL. Welcome to the board. For what it is worth, my sister is currently living in Germany, had previously lived in Norway and all of my extended family lives in Germany, as well. Not to many over there know what an Allison even is, much less own one. I took my uncle a couple of years back out in the 2003 when he visited. He was about 80 and couldn't get enough if it.:laughing

Congrats. That is a beautiful rig you got there, enjoy the ride.

aeneas

Hey Baitcaster,

I am greatful for all the advice and all pointers I can get, as you pointed out there are only very few who actually knows what an Allison is over here, even fewer has seen one irl.

Thanks for the comment on the boat! Next season when she will see the water for the first time here she will look a stunner! Rigged and polished to perfection!

baitcaster

I know it will be. When I got my XB2003, it took me about 3 years to get it the way I wanted it and last Feb. I ended up selling it. Although it went to a great guy - one of the best people you will ever meet - I regret selling it almost everyday and I miss the old girl tremendously. I ended up getting a Bullet 20XDC and have been restoring it a little at a time. I truly know what it is like to "re-do" one (You can look on the restoration page on this forum and can see the process I went through and how she turned out in the end. You can also look at the old "For sale" pages). I suspect it will be hard to find parts or "bling" for it over there. But if I can ever be of assistance, let me know. I will do what I can. I don't know your SS inside and out like an 03, but there are quite a few on here that do and can provide plenty of guidance if you need it. They are a little trickier to drive than most Allisons, so take your time with it and don't push to hard - it will come. When it does you will know why Allison owners are so loyal to their boats, there is nothing like an Allison and in my humble opinion no comparable boat on the market. They are truly "ultra performance boats."

aeneas

Bob and Baitcaster,

I postponed the trip to France as my mother just got a chemo-injection and asked me not to come. Those injections really hit hard and it takes almost a week to recover enough to be sociable (about four weeks for the body to be strong enough for another shot). But I will look out for those frogs...

My focus has been elsewhere this summer but I am starting to look forward to rigging and driving the boat... I called Bill at Allison Boats today for a 12" Gold domed decal and a 15" shock for the hatch. A good wash and polish and she will look like new again! I saw her on Thursday a week ago, she sits in a big hall with two other boats (offshore racing boats - a Batboat 23/Merc 200xs and a Hydrocat 24/Merc 200xs - so she is in good company.

About driving the SS: I have all the respect in the world for the boat. I am not new to fast boats but I am new to Allisons and I have understood from you members on this board that there are some quirks to watch out for. I am careful but crazy (speed frustrated). I hope my family and girlfriend does not read this, the latter wants a dc for space, safety, comfort and ... :relax:

I forgot... My uncle and I are looking for a boat for the summer house and we got a quote for a Stingray 225sx/Merc 6.2. We drove the 230sx/VP 8.1 400 but for this season they've shortened the boat by half a foot and do not offer the BB anymore... What is there to say about Stingray? Any good?

Last edited:

baitcaster

I can't give you much insight on a Stingray. If I did, I would only be lying to you. I can say I haven't heard anything negative.

Sorry to hear about your mom, my prayers go out to her and your family.

ROBERT CROSS

Nils,

We are truly a tight group...spread over a wide area, as evidenced by your participation. Many good thoughts/prayers sent from this side of the pond.

I know how pre-ocupied I was when we had to travel 2500mi to pick-up our GSE, it couldn't happen quick enough for me. I can't imagine how much you want to get your hull wet.

Good Luck...keep us posted.

Bob

aeneas

Well, it's Friday and time to think about the weekend... :big grin

Who says there aren’t any new business ideas out there?!?! This gal sells margaritas on the beach in an “unusual” container. Ten bucks a minute. She’s reportedly clearing $1250 a DAY!!! There’s a “shaken” or “on the rocks” joke in here somewhere...

http://www.jcontheline.com/v2/eyecandy/765-margaritas-by-the-jug

Perhaps a smile would generate even more business..?

Some nostalgia: At Easter 1978 the family took the car down to see grandma in Lausanne, Switzerland. We went with the ferry from Gothenburg to Amsterdam and then on by car. At this time I had just started buying music. I went to the most fancy magasin in town (the only one I knew as I was not into shopping) and into the music department. The posh uniformed shop attendant declared that they had ran out of what I was looking for but they had a brand new album with another band in the same genre... I bought the excellent album 'Road to Ruin' and a life long love affair started. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TD2wU03wJYg

With a father who lived 17 years in the States (2 years in US Army followed by University of Virginia and many years in NYC), an American nickname (Nicky - only used by my closest as I reverted to Nils in my professional life), an American car (Jeep Wrangler - never thought I would own one [also drive German - Audi]), an American boat, American music and an American love lost - I really should have lived among you guys! :beer:

Have a great weekend!

Last edited:

ROBERT CROSS

The "Ramones" NYC to the MAX!!

$1250 per day from only two outlets....now that a smart business woman!!!

I wann'a be around when she fill's 'em back up..... :rolling eyes :shock::LMAO:

Bob

Last edited:

aeneas

Last edited:

aeneas

Ok, haven't written for a while. I thought I would update...
The red Allison SS-2000 will be rigged in March. It will only run in Norway and possibly at a Boatlife.se event in Sweden.
My uncle and I have just ordered one of these: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3zXIHoOOu8

Ours will be a 2012 model white with black trim on the free boards(no graphics as we like the clean look)/white, grey and black interior and a Mercury 6.2MPI/Bravo One. In the film you can see where it will run because it is shot right outside our fjord... The boat in the clip has a Volvo Penta 5.7GXi/DP but being a Mercury man we opted for the Merc 6.2.

If the new large GS would have been in production or upp for order, we would have considered that...

Last edited: