new high in the xb2002

chad202

I think the most testing I'll do is in 12-14" range. I know that's limiting myself but just really feel I'll loose the lift I like at low speeds if I come in more than that.

suicidealli

Without a lip, you might be right. The 2002 sure likes to run flat, with the hull lifted. At least mine does. I tried running some big ear choppers to get the bow up to fly it, but that isn't the ticket in a 02.
Easy on that trim button.

Roy

chad202

Roy, I still have a lip, .035. I run the boat flat when making a pass but when just cruising, I like the fly it.

suicidealli

I thought you sanded the lip off this boat too... Im running 3/4 above, and it flys high all the time... It is a rough ride that high.. Cruising @ 55, and you hit just some 6" wave the hull is airborne.. Guys I run with say the boat is out of the water more than it is in.... Jack that motor up... The trim will suck on both ends' but it will fly, and get great mpg. In rough water you won't be able to tuck the bow down much. It will also dolphin a little under 45.. But it will hual the mail!!'. You really have to watch it tho!!!!! I turned mine a few time last year....
John Akins drove it at Clifton.. I told him to be careful the motor is high and ready to run. He went about a 1/4 mile Looked back at me, and said damn the motor is high. He hit the trim button a few times, and it started slipping, and he tapped it back down til the prop grabbed.. Awesome with a fishing load, take all the weight out, and put up some big numbers..... If you catch a wave wrong it will bust your butt tho. Fine line!!!!!!!!!!!!! Be very carefull, but try running it up there... A sporty you can run even higher.. All depends on what case, and who did it, also where the nose cone is too...". Have a tooters case that is fastest case I have ever had...... It didn't run well on my ss, it never really took a good set. The sporty ran well' and a bobs ran well on my ss.

setback, height, prop, case, I think has to be determined by the boat, and driver to dial it all in... My case, and prop is perfect right now. The motor is broke in, and running very strong too... Everythng is where it needs to be..
A better driver would be nice tho!!!!!!

Roy

Last edited:

chad202

No not this boat Roy. When I got the boat, the pad was blueprinted at the factory. It was .045. I took it down enough to put a little sharper edge in the back. It's .035. With my 14" plate, I run 1.5 with no problems and can go higher. The motor and case is the same I ran on my 03. The case is a bobs.

ally2dextreme

No not this boat Roy. When I got the boat, the pad was blueprinted at the factory. It was .045. I took it down enough to put a little sharper edge in the back. It's .035. With my 14" plate, I run 1.5 with no problems and can go higher. The motor and case is the same I ran on my 03. The case is a bobs.
You are running 1.5 inches above the pad on a 2002xb?

suicidealli

I ran 1" over with 9" set back. I liked it but some friends told me I was going to come out, and it prolly wouldn't make a difference lowering some... So I went to 3/4 above, and lost no speed, but handles a touch better. I'm a little over 1 1/4", and 10" of set back, and it sucks..... About a 100 is fast as I could drive in the late fall. It was fishin time, so it was fine with 2 guys and a load!!!!!!!

Roy

chad202

Todd, after recalling what my 03 looked like when it was blueprinted at the factory and my 02 now, my 03 had more of a role in the back. I have very little on my 02. Just enough to take the edge off. It explains how bow lift isn't an issue so far.

TBuck2003

Todd, after recalling what my 03 looked like when it was blueprinted at the factory and my 02 now, my 03 had more of a role in the back. I have very little on my 02. Just enough to take the edge off. It explains how bow lift isn't an issue so far.
That makes a lot of sense then !!! Mine is a pencil roll...???

TBuck

John S

That makes a lot of sense then !!! Mine is a pencil roll...???

TBuck

Thats okay TBuck, most women would rather have a good listener and someone they can relate to emotionally.

Roy, didnt that thing paddlewheel all over the place 1" above? I tried that and it never felt like it took any kind of set, just felt looser than a Tiajuana back alley handshake. Just felt like the bow was looking to hunt for Red October.

TBuck2003

Thats okay TBuck, most women would rather have a good listener and someone they can relate to emotionally.

Roy, didnt that thing paddlewheel all over the place 1" above? I tried that and it never felt like it took any kind of set, just felt looser than a Tiajuana back alley handshake. Just felt like the bow was looking to hunt for Red October.
That is effin FUNNY !!!!! Left the door open and you took full advantage...

suicidealli

I rebuilt this motor a few weeks ago, and don't want to mislead anyone. I updated the motor info. I couldn't remember what I did to it. I built 3 power heads at the same time.
all the motor info is in the first post..

Roy