new high in the xb2002

suicidealli

i had her skinned back a new personal high mph. cant wait for a little cooler temps. it was 63* today. need some low 50* weather. just cant believe how this boat runs. i might try a 30 ET not sure if it will run as fast. i think a 28 would be the prop, but i have a 30.lol
1.75 gears titus case

A drag with lite wizards, lite weight pins, and sport jet reeds.
fronthalf/spacer/reed plate work, balanced rods, a little horn work.
The block is the only thing stock. after market heads with exchangeable doms.
Custom fuel curve

a worked 26 ET cut chopper
i have also worked the pad some, and graphited it.
hard to believe a fishin boat runs like this.

roy

Last edited:

jimbob88

Come on up here Roy. The highs are in mid 40's. Prolly get your best #'s. Low 20's in the am if you feel spunky.

michael j giesler

wow that cookin i wish i had a gps when i did the river run in jasper good luck roy and be safe roy if you have a chance try to run a 26 or 28 hackey drag 4 i ran a buddys and i was speachless how smooth and hard that prop ran

wc911

116.? it doesnt have much left..... i dont think i do either!!!!!!!!!!!
9200rpm's 1.75 gears 26p[/QUO

If you would take the troling motor off and that extra batt out you will pick up alittle more speed!!!!!

As for the (not having much left) I can fix that for ya!!!!:LMAO:

suicidealli

i used my car gps "tom tom". no recall. i had it suction cupped over my gps. the one in the boat dont work!!! :-(lol i seen 116. i held it there for about 5 seconds or so. the river current was 1 mph when i was floating. i was running down river

it is a drag motor.

brian there wasn't anything in the boat. 5 gal of fuel, and my light drag battery.

roy

Brack

Dammmmmm Roy thats kick'azz.....be safe Dude......these dang thangs will kick you before you can bling your eyes

Last edited:

whipper

Wow thats cooken Roy be safe . :beer: Your in a very small group of guys going that fast in an 02. Way to go, congradulations!!
All those years of seat time and growing a set paying off!!!

suicidealli

it is the boat whipper!!!! i would like to weigh it. i dont think there is anyway it is 800 lbs. it is a lot lighter than my old ss. it has the stress cracks to prove it... i think i could it to run a 100 with a solid 200.
thanks guys!

roy

whipper

Yes some just came out that way and others were made that way i guess. Light+power=Speed :beer:

Wonder what month she was built? I remember a while back there was a discussion on that. How the way the resin sets at different times of year and the relation ship to fast hulls etc... Cant remember how that went again.

Ya Roy you can be modest and sure the hull had a hand in the speed forsure. Well ofcourse shes an Allison. All that aside we all know as you see that GPS climb past 100 then for some 110 theres a pucker factor that needs to be overcome also that you gota have to keep in her.

suicidealli

be careful chad. the 02 is a different animal.. to much trim she will come around. get some seat time over a 100 before turning it loose. the 02 dont give you much time. i have hooked this one twice over a 100. the first time i didnt know it was coming. the second time i was a steering full to keep it from getting crazy. if you run my set up please be careful!!!!!! brain bucket, and a jacket

roy

chad202

My setup is different than most, as usual. I took the lip down to .035, sanded the last 4'. I'm running 14" of setback. I've only been running it with full fishing load and it run trips with 25 trophy and cut chopper. This is a little over 1" above. I've stripped her down, everything out except one battery and next weekend at Lake concordia I'm gonna feel her out with my big wheel I had for my 03. I think it'll have too much bow lift but I'll feel it out. I may have to come in with the motor. I've been going up to get my trim a tick under neutral and have reached that but that was loaded and I know it'll be a good bit different light.