neal edwards

allisonriverrat

hey everyone, for those that dont know, neal was in a very bad situation yesterday on way to water..... but all is well, he and passenger are good. but truck and boat are not..... an opposite bound traveler pulling a 14 foot trailer came uncoupled and crossed the median, hit neal head on.... totaled neals truck and boat trailer for sure, and he is not real hopful on his boat. and probably some lower unit damage to motor..just very glad that neal and his passenger are good, dont know what i would do without my brother...

Last edited by a moderator:

jimbob88

Just glad they are ok. Electronics need to be replaced as well. After a jarring like that, I wouldnt trust them.

whipper

WOW that sucks!! Im glad Neil and passanger made unscathed!! I would cry seeing my Ally all banged up! Hopefully insurance will be fast for him so he can get back on the water soon.

22R

Sorry to hear this.... Trucks and Boat can be replaced though....But it still sucks !!

22R

RedAllison

Best 2 keep pics offline until the ins. Co. Is fully done!

Just glad my bro physically safe, coulda been ALOT worse :surprised
RA

catfish123

Neal, I'm really sorry to hear this but I'm glad you weren't injured. I know what type of care you take of your boat, etc, and that this has to be real tough on you after all the set-up work you have recently put into it. Good luck on getting it all resolved and Matt and I both hope you are back on the water quickly. Bob

Texan

I hate to hear this. I'm thankful for Neal and passenger being okay. But like somebody else said above, knowing how Neal takes care in pride in his equipment, this has got to be tough. I hope it all works out in the end.

GotMyAlly

Thanks guys. I appreciate the concern. Considering all the factors, I think we were real lucky. In a smaller/lighter vehicle, I think the trailer that hit us would have knocked us around a lot more. Or went through the windshield. And once it pushed us over the embankment, all the safety gear (bow eye turnbuckle, trailer brakes, etc.) all did exactly what they were supposed to do to bring us to a safe stop. The truck and boat took a hell of a blow though, my initial assumption is that both are totalled. The truck is pretty obvious just by looking at the damage - especially to the drivetrain, and the boat probably needs to be totalled too because of the inherent safety factors of running one after it's taken a blow like that. It made me sick when I saw the damage to the boat. Still does. But I am glad that we were able to walk away.

Allyfishing

WOW Neal...glad to hear you guys are safe. Sucks for the rig and vehicle but like said, material things can be replaced...its just the hassle involved.