Jasper River Run

waterqtr

Not going to make it now, we'll definitely try again next year. Appreciate everyone's info & updates.

Y'all have fun & be safe!

Dave Hensley

It was really good. I ran with Ben Biller, Roger Mills, Ed Gladden, Dennis and Patrick Newby. We had a nice lunch at Blue Plate in Chattanooga. No boat problems. Got a little wet right as we got to the boat ramp coming back in but all was good. I am guestimating 40-45 boats. The big twins tug at my attention. Would like to have one for one summer.

THutch

My my motor laid down 4 miles up river . Run was short for us. Been planning to do some work on motor so now I will make it exactly what I want!!! Got more years then I deserved out of it.

scj

First boat drag race I've been to and I really enjoyed watching. All we had where I'm from was the roundy rounds which had their own level of excitement but these guys push it when it gets down to the final two rounds.

Another thing; it's like another rally gathering as a lot of the people that attend the rally are here. Great to see everyone again! I think the only ones missing are you, Tim, Kevin & Craig. You guys need to plan to attend next year. I'll definitely have my boat here for the river run next year.
Races start early today so we're out of here in just a minute.

Mav73

I'm planning on going to the jasper river run this year in October. Any info would be appreciated. What time does everyone leave the launch, or is it everyone leaves spratically like a bunch of ants. Is there gas along the way?
Thanks for any info

THutch

October 7th. Leave about 11am, or when we can't wait anymore... There is gas at the turn-around but most people either leave a can at the turn-around or bring a few gallons with them. I'll check what octane they have as we get closer.

Mav73

October 7th. Leave about 11am, or when we can't wait anymore... There is gas at the turn-around but most people either leave a can at the turn-around or bring a few gallons with them. I'll check what octane they have as we get closer.
Thanks for the info. I can't wait

skewby

im pretty sure that its just 87 octane at the turn around. my friends with 260's usually just carry a 5 gallon gas can in the boat and don't have any problem

Mav73

im pretty sure that its just 87 octane at the turn around. my friends with 260's usually just carry a 5 gallon gas can in the boat and don't have any problem
I have a 300xs on a xb03 it's really good on gas, maybe bring some octane booster,or that race gas stuff and add it to the 87

skewby

you shouldn't have any problems. i made the run this spring in my xb 21 with a 225 pro xs and used a lil under 17 gallons of fuel going up there and back.