Jasper River Run

waterqtr

Where's the turnaround point in Chattanooga? Is there a dock or does someone have to stay with the boats?

rmills280

probably room for about 50 boats to tie up from the bridge to all along in front of the tn. aquarium.

john4utvols

I run it every year, we have probably 5-10 boats in our crowd. We usually leave out about 10-11 depends on night before . We usually get there as the morning group is leaving, we stop and drink, stop and drink, and stop and drink alot. We try to make a day out of it. I did run out of gas one year, but 25-30 should make it, i have extra room for fuel and might bring some just in case someone runs out.

procomp

Too bad National doesnt rent Allisons :) Might have to hang out on the dock and enjoy the boat show on Friday.
If I wasnt such a lousy passenger I might look for a ride :)

THutch

I confirmed the gas dock at the Chattanooga Riverfront (turn-around) is open with 91 octane ethanol free gas. They take credit cards except Amex. See you next Friday.

mtolley

Good to hear on the fuel! I carried 5gal last year and couldnt stuff all of it in the tank when we got to Chattanooga. We will have 4 couple's, xb02, 2-03's, and a gt20

waterqtr

Awesome, thanks for checking for us. I'll just bring 1 can and top-off there for the trip back.

Freebird

Gotta wonder how all this rain is going to affect things in Jasper as there will be a TON of water being released from the dams above it over the next few days. Could make for a nasty river run, not to mention the actual races.

waterqtr

I was wondering about that. Hopefully we can get a local update on Wed before we head out on Thur.

THutch

I'll get us an update Wednesday. Nickajack reservoir holds water well because TVA just runs it thru to Guntersville, a huge reservoir. Only issue might be water level at sea wall in Chattanooga. We may have to use the floating docks.

waterqtr

Thanks, was wondering if the current was going to be bad and if it was going to be high with a lot of trash / trees too.