Jasper River Run

waterqtr

Going to try and make the run this year. Anyone have details yet?

Thanks,
Chuck

Dave Hensley

The ramp is at Nickajack Dam. If you are traveling I 24 get off at the exit for the race site and go the opposite direction which is west I think. The ramp is just a couple of miles. Don't think there is a set time. Kind of a shotgun start deal. Parking lot gets crowded early.

waterqtr

Thanks Dave. We were thinking about 9ish.. How far do you normally run?

Last edited:

rmills280

most ride to downtown chattanooga aprox. 35 miles have lunch and ride back then the racers are usually doing test runs.

waterqtr

70 miles round trip? Never done that before, it should be a fun day.

chad202

I don't know if the route or launch site change since I did it in 08 but then it was 46 miles one way. 92 total.

waterqtr

Wow, guess I need to fill the livewell with fuel to make it.

mtolley

Depending on how hard ya run will dicatate your fuel use, and of course motor choice. I made it there and back on 3/4 tank in an xb02. Cruised off and on on the way there. On the way back, me and two others were rollin!

mercman1234

I done it last year and like Chad said round trip was close to 90 miles. Man I cant wait to do it again this year.

waterqtr

Crazy question but... Any special rules or requirements that TN requires in a boat?

THutch

I live in Chattanooga and the run is about 80 miles. I did it last year in my 2003 with a 200. The 30 gallon tank was on fumes at the end so I had to soft pedal the last 10 miles. I will bring fuel this year. You can usually buy gas at the turn-around but the marina has just changed hands so I'm not sure if the pumps are running. I can send an update closer to Oct 9th on that topic. Many people drop fuel at the turn-around that morning or the night before. The boat ramp used by most is the Shellmound ramp on Nickajack. I usually get there by 10am Eastern time (technically the ramp location is on central time).

To my knowledge we (TN) don't have any unique boat requirements. We don't even have to register our trailers here in TN!!

Allison + Fuel + Beer + River Run = Fun

waterqtr

Thanks, we're really looking forward to it... Gonna be a fun ride.