E-85 for our 260s?

silverbullet02

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sounds like it would be pretty neat in a hot motor. If it were more readily available I'd think about setting it up in my car, then cranking up the boost. Like was said above, I know of several guys running it in FI cars.

ally2dextreme

I dont run my boat much,hell its been wet 4 times in the last 6yrs,so this will work great for me,its every where here and i like the outcome alot better than the 93 with ethonol.There doesnt need to be a RUSh to run gas through it,i normally dont leave the lake till im on empty so i wouldnt have much to flush,the pump would pump whats left out in minutes and you could pour a gallon or so in to run on the hose and whats left would easily mix with the e 85 for the next trip...I can tell you you can run a TON more CR and timing with E 85 and its cheap!...Ive also been thinking of doing a small procharger on a merc,its never enuff lol!..So whos going to step up to the E 85 pump? We should try to keep our findings in one section i feel with the degrading fuel ahead this could save some of us.

ally2dextreme

Sounds like it would be pretty neat in a hot motor. If it were more readily available I'd think about setting it up in my car, then cranking up the boost. Like was said above, I know of several guys running it in FI cars.
Your car would love it,what fuel are you running now?

silverbullet02

Super Moderator
Staff member
Your car would love it,what fuel are you running now?
Pump gas with meth injected in front of the throttle body under boost just for a little added insurance. It was tuned and runs fine without the meth though. Stock bottom end LS1 with 83k miles and 44k of that with the turbo on, max of 8.5#s of boost. Running a conservative tune seems to be working. I really can't believe it's still alive.

ally2dextreme

Pump gas with meth injected in front of the throttle body under boost just for a little added insurance. It was tuned and runs fine without the meth though. Stock bottom end LS1 with 83k miles and 44k of that with the turbo on, max of 8.5#s of boost. Running a conservative tune seems to be working. I really can't believe it's still alive.
Awesome,it would love E 85 and would be alot better for the motor.We have one of our GTOs that runs pump gas ,we just ran his best past last week,9.43,this is at 4050lbs with a 2005 GTO with IRS...We set a new record with another 2005 GTO IRS,8.74 ,this is the car we first ran a 8 with a few years ago,it in the april issue of GMHITEC 2011 if you want to check it out.it runs on c 16 but im trying to get the customer to go e-85...

silverbullet02

Super Moderator
Staff member
Awesome,it would love E 85 and would be alot better for the motor.We have one of our GTOs that runs pump gas ,we just ran his best past last week,9.43,this is at 4050lbs with a 2005 GTO with IRS...We set a new record with another 2005 GTO IRS,8.74 ,this is the car we first ran a 8 with a few years ago,it in the april issue of GMHITEC 2011 if you want to check it out.it runs on c 16 but im trying to get the customer to go e-85...
That's scootin there! I'll have to see if my buddy has that issue at his house. My car is a high 10s car for now. Eventually gonna ditch the t-56 for a 4l80e and whenever the bottom end pops, rebuild it with good parts, put a 76mm on it and crank the boost up. I wanna make it a 10.0 car. Well, maybe 9.80 once in a while, haha! No cage though. Where are you at? We should talk sometime.

Brian

njj502

It's got years and YEARS left with only 8.5lbs on it. A buddy of mine is currently working on a twin turbo 6L and he's expecting around 1000hp. He been thrashing LS stuff for quite a while. He also ran a 6L with a 3406 turbo and something like 18lbs to it and hung together fine, did have better rod bolts tho.

LSx stuff rocks.... now back on track.....lol

ally2dextreme

That's scootin there! I'll have to see if my buddy has that issue at his house. My car is a high 10s car for now. Eventually gonna ditch the t-56 for a 4l80e and whenever the bottom end pops, rebuild it with good parts, put a 76mm on it and crank the boost up. I wanna make it a 10.0 car. Well, maybe 9.80 once in a while, haha! No cage though. Where are you at? We should talk sometime.

Brian
With a 4l80 it will run 10 os as is..Im in colombia SC,just moved here from NC.My site is Hendrix-Engineering.com, What clutch do you run? I own StreetSlayer ,a clutch company ,StreetSlayer.com If i can help you out with anything for your car let me know

90 5.0

8.5#'s of boost isn't much in the big scheme of things, especially with stock compression.

It'll live a long time like that tuned well, you should be able to bump it up to 12 and still be good, 22-23#'s is when we start poppin' ls motors left and right..

90 5.0

With a 4l80 it will run 10 os as is..Im in colombia SC,just moved here from NC.My site is Hendrix-Engineering.com, What clutch do you run? I own StreetSlayer ,a clutch company ,StreetSlayer.com If i can help you out with anything for your car let me know
you got anything good for a high rpm NMRA Pure Street style set-up?

Can't keep a clutch in the coupe for anything, stages burn up to easy only get a race or two out of one, and we off centered a pressure plate on a centerforce once, that was crazy, tons of vibration on the big end, thought the crank bent

car wouldn't hook, got mad and left somewhere north of 10k, it hooked and tore crap up :LMAO:

Car's been sitting forever and just sold it to a bud that's wanting to race it, it'll need a clutch soon, can't even remeber what went into it last time.

310 small block ford on a fidenza lightweight flywheel.

Liberty Built proshifted T-5

ally2dextreme

you got anything good for a high rpm NMRA Pure Street style set-up?

Can't keep a clutch in the coupe for anything, stages burn up to easy only get a race or two out of one, and we off centered a pressure plate on a centerforce once, that was crazy, tons of vibration on the big end, thought the crank bent

car wouldn't hook, got mad and left somewhere north of 10k, it hooked and tore crap up :LMAO:

Car's been sitting forever and just sold it to a bud that's wanting to race it, it'll need a clutch soon, can't even remeber what went into it last time.

310 small block ford on a fidenza lightweight flywheel.

Liberty Built proshifted T-5
Yea im sure we can help you out 980-521 0722
Thomas

ally2dextreme

How did this thread turn into a street rod discussion?
I would say because E 85 is the topic and many cars have switched to e 85 over race gas and can provide bits of info that may be helpfull,i dont do street rods altho theres alot of nice ones out there.

ally2dextreme

I'm in..... I'm going to try it in the spring. What about a water separator?
Are normal exhaust temps acceptable, or is 900* temps the bench mark?

Roy
We run e 85 at about 11-1 af with the four strokes im going to talk over a few things with a few folks .If i can help you in any way let me know,i may try and put together a steele sleve 2.5 drag for some testing as i want to add a super charger .

90 5.0

We run e 85 at about 11-1 af with the four strokes im going to talk over a few things with a few folks .If i can help you in any way let me know,i may try and put together a steele sleve 2.5 drag for some testing as i want to add a super charger .

how are you going to get the reeds to close on the intake side??