E-85 for our 260s?

ally2dextreme

Guys ive been busy with Hendrix-Engineering for the last 6 yrs and havnt got to mess with my boat at all,i just move to SC and live 15min from Lake Murry.Its time to get the 260/2002 out and get my mind thinking about something besides cars.We have used e-85 in some of our builds and i love it,however this is on FI motors.With the recent degrade of our 93 im thinking about trying e-85,i will have to change the tune but i have a PCU and i can change/modify the injectors.Has anyone given any thought to this,e 85 is 109 octane so i could run my drag heads

patches

Send Malexie a pm or maybe he'll see this. He has a pretty good bit of experience with it. Maybe try a search cause he's explained how he did it. Think you have to turn the pressure up and the ecu. He can tell you

ally2dextreme

Yes i will need about 25-30 % more fuel but its right down the road and its cheap plus i will be able to run tighter heads.Thanks ill do a search.

Dave Hensley

Thomas will you not have to flush with pure gas after each use? What about all your short hoses to the injectors?

M.ALEXIE

You will need some Amsoil HP injector 2cyc. With the PCU and a steam wheel it
will be very easy to tune without changing engine setup/componets.
Flush engine for 5min after using. Have a good one.

ally2dextreme

Thomas will you not have to flush with pure gas after each use? What about all your short hoses to the injectors?
I will be replacing all the hoses anyway so thats no big deal.The only issue we have with the cars is the injector will gum up if you leave it sitting along time.

M.ALEXIE

All stock componets.
You will have to work on the
fuel curve. 25% more on the bottom,
30% more in the middle, and
25% more on top. Flush with pump gas
and you will not have any issues.

ally2dextreme

All stock componets.
You will have to work on the
fuel curve. 25% more on the bottom,
30% more in the middle, and
25% more on top. Flush with pump gas
and you will not have any issues.
Thanks,are you running a 300? Im curious how much head room i have with a stock drag fuel pump

M.ALEXIE

Start rich like 35% more in cooler weather and work down from there.
When I first started with E85 I had a weak fuel pump where the
pressure would drop 10psi. Replaced it with the 044 bosch
and only drops 2psi @wot.

ally2dextreme

I have a new drag pump and a adjustable regulator .I just wasnt sure about the pump keeping up with the needed 30% more fuel.Thanks for the info,i think ill give Tony a call as well ,its been forever since i talked to him and im sure i need to have my injectors checked....Are you running tight heads?

ally2dextreme

Thanks for the info,i may look at direct nos where you pull the injector out and use a billit mount,,i already have them,its tuff to do smaller than a 300 shot tho that may be a lil much lol..