E-85 for our 260s?

Dave Hensley

Very good info. You gotta love the simplicity of the dry shot and the flexibility of the Brucato box. Does the steamwheel have enough range of adjustment to compensate if you aren't spraying? I am assuming the 5% extra fuel while spraying would be across the rpm width. On second thought you might be leaving it lean on initial throttle hit.

suicidealli

Good info, I didn't think the injectors would be big enough, and didn't think the pump would supply it either. Good info, kinda a lot of trouble for a lake boat when you have to set up another tank with regular fuel. I guess a 1 gallon little fuel tank could be set up to do the trick.... I sold my pcu last week. I have a acu, but it doesn't have the wire for the steam wheel...

M.ALEXIE

Very good info. You gotta love the simplicity of the dry shot and the flexibility of the Brucato box. Does the steamwheel have enough range of adjustment to compensate if you aren't spraying? I am assuming the 5% extra fuel while spraying would be across the rpm width. On second thought you might be leaving it lean on initial throttle hit.
25% more E85 is just right for the dry shot and too much with out.

ally2dextreme

Good info, I didn't think the injectors would be big enough, and didn't think the pump would supply it either. Good info, kinda a lot of trouble for a lake boat when you have to set up another tank with regular fuel. I guess a 1 gallon little fuel tank could be set up to do the trick.... I sold my pcu last week. I have a acu, but it doesn't have the wire for the steam wheel...
Why the need for the small tank?

M.ALEXIE

Real easy to pull return line off and put E85 in a jug then put a gallon of pump gas in the tank and let it
Idle/flush.

Dave Hensley

I think a small reservoir for the pump gas and some well rigged ball valves or quik connectors would get the job done. Have done the same thing before when spraying ethanol for enrichment fuel on an NOS set up. Still had to purge everything because of the corrosive nature.

Last edited:

suicidealli

Really? Just not smart.
Don't get me wrong I like the idea!!!! Just curious if I pull up on the beach, and the boat is going to sit for 7 hours. Is that to long??? Would it be ok to drive back to the house, or would you need to run fuel through it before you leave the ramp... I was thinking the air going in the cowl would dry it out in a hurry...
Im ready to try this...... Just want to have my ducks in a row....

Appreciate the info.....

Roy

Alli-drenaline Rush

Don't be so engineer-y and anal, Roy! Jes pull da trigger and make it happen! If da mota blows up, then ya got another one to rebuild...... :big grin

M.ALEXIE

Keep in mind that the fuel has 15% gas and oil 32:1 in it. I have left it over night a few times with no issues. When it evaporates(i don't know when)that's when you will have rust issues.
I use it on my high compression engine only.

Last edited:

suicidealli

That is what concerns me.. I know straight ethanol you don't have much time. Driving down the road is bad, the ethanol evaporates, and the rust starts. The fuel curve suprises me a little too. I figured 30+ %. Most things I have read on the past say about 33% is the norm.. Really appreciate the info....

Roy

M.ALEXIE

It's not for rookies. Well I was when I started with it. I took my time starting at 40% more. Came down slowly. Burns clean, smells like tequila(my favorite) and looks
like your engine just came out the parts washer.

patches

That is what concerns me.. I know straight ethanol you don't have much time. Driving down the road is bad, the ethanol evaporates, and the rust starts. The fuel curve suprises me a little too. I figured 30+ %. Most things I have read on the past say about 33% is the norm.. Really appreciate the info....

Roy
What do you call not much time? I'm thinking this flush thing isn't quite as urgent as some would have you believe. You have to do it but you have to go into a frenzy as soon as the boat gets on the trailer. As far as flushing it when you get home, your better off flushing in the water with a prop on

suicidealli

It's not for rookies. Well I was when I started with it. I took my time starting at 40% more. Came down slowly. Burns clean, smells like tequila(my favorite) and looks
like your engine just came out the parts washer.
I like tequila too..lol. Ok sounds like I may play with this a little...
Thanks!!!

Roy