CRT web site is live!!!

BP1

I think it's a great someone is doing this, but the pricing will make it unrealistic for all but the most dedicated speed freaks or racers. How many drag motors have ever been sold?
And I'm not questioning the pricing at all.

whipper

15-18 grand for the CRT depending on options.. On your boat ready to roll for that price if you use your existing motor as a doner. Thats not bad that way. If you buy all the rest of the parts inavidually ya its going to cost ya 2500 just for a gearcase. 1500 for a mid ect ect.. Thats not the way to do this.

Dave Hensley

"There stuff is tested to go with the package between 15-18 depending on HP. The 15 grand option is for lower HP 320 and the 18 gets ya the 400hp pucks and assembly. Bare block with nothing around 10-11."

All testing has been done with a gen 1 block and Mercury guts. That is why they are going to offer a gen 1 block to accept the Merc cranks and rods!! The $15k-$18k IS bare block. Everything else to bolt on it is additional.

whipper

OK thanks Dave I got an email stating something different so just wanted to get that cleared up. $15K-$18K will get you the block/front half, sleeves, heads/pucks, and porting inserts is what I was just told on S&F. Cant wait to see a price list. That will make figuring out what type of doner would be most effective to keep costs down. Patches intervened on S&F and said this. Same as you basically. Quote:
The 15-18 number is that way because they're still working on getting machine time down. 15-18 buys the block/half, heads, intake inserts, and the tool for the sleeves. It does not include crank, rods, and pistons. They will offer the option of the first generation block that will accept a Mercury crank and therefore Mercury rods. This has been a year long process to get it to this point and I mean an almost everyday thing. I talked to Matthew just a couple hours ago and he said they're still finalizing a few minor things and testing it all before it goes into production. He's been swamped since the show started and just got home today

Last edited:

Dave Hensley

Need to win races with the stuff they have now. Dyno numbers are cool but beating some fast boats with out of the box blocks with Merc guts would get check books out.

patches

Need to win races with the stuff they have now. Dyno numbers are cool but beating some fast boats with out of the box blocks with Merc guts would get check books out.
As usual Dave you are 100% right. That's where the rubber will meet the road. Hopefully we'll see it racing sooner rather than later

Dave Hensley

Mr. Erik my batting percentage isn't that good but wins and happy customers will get folks tuned in. Any idea yet on what classes they will be allowed to compete?

patches

Mr. Erik my batting percentage isn't that good but wins and happy customers will get folks tuned in. Any idea yet on what classes they will be allowed to compete?
Until some further testing they will only be allowed in Outlaw in DSRA. Not sure what ODBA decided but I assume they're allowed in Pro Drag. The advisory board is wanting to see a good back to back test of the motor on a boat with data gathering capability to compare it to what's out there now so they can decide how it fits and appropriate weights