Carbon Fiber xr

RedAllison

This has extra possibilities for the fatboy crowd. Look out. Ya'll Best Hope I Stay Broke!
:rolling eyes like there's any danger of that, you to married and "daddified" like da rest of us for that to ever be a problem, least not in the next umpteen years anyway! :razz

:LMAO:
RA

suicidealli

i think mathew is going a different route. but darris is thinking maybe 330 lb or less. there has beenmore changes since mathews first one was built. i guess the learning curve. rich's has extra bracing, and i think he is still lighter than mathews first boat.
just what i was told. mathew also sold his business. like 30,000,000. time will tell.

roy

hullbilly

i think mathew is going a different route. but darris is thinking maybe 330 lb or less. there has beenmore changes since mathews first one was built. i guess the learning curve. rich's has extra bracing, and i think he is still lighter than mathews first boat.
just what i was told. mathew also sold his business. like 30,000,000. time will tell.

roy
Roy,

I spoke with Darris last week specifically about the carbon fiber boats. I have heard all the rumors and different weights that people state. Here's exactly what Darris told me on the phone a few days ago.

Caldwell's old boat = 400 lbs
Rich's boat = 425 lbs (as I'm sure you know, rich had his built on a skater layup schedule. Darris told me this boat was more expensive to build and came out heavier than the first [Caldwell's])

**These weights, per Darris, are with front seat, steering, rubrail, and rear fairing (no jackplate).

There have been changes as you've stated and the materials are at Allison to start to build a new boat. I'm assuming someone has ordered this one. I was told another one will be built and it will be the only time in Allison history that a race boat is built for factory stock. Darris told me the target is 360 lbs, largely due to eliminating the skin coat needed for the first two carbon boats.

Tray Archer

i here there will be one in louisaina and one possibly in alabama buy next race season
so there is 4 or 5 2 be made right there
Tray

patches

All these carbon boats really make me rethink running Outlaw. Guess I'll have to even the odds somehow ;)

hullbilly

caldwell...
I personally don't think so

i here there will be one in louisaina and one possibly in alabama buy next race season
so there is 4 or 5 2 be made right there
Tray
Unless something has changed in the last week or two (which I doubt) only this first one has been claimed. The second one does not have an owner and there were no plans or orders for any more.

Tray Archer

well as far as i know all the Cf boats have been sold out of a texas dealership and i dont think i would be given false info.
Tray

Tray Archer

mark some are possible orders that will probably happen after this current race season. they may and or may not materialize.

allison8503

Hhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmm Allison is going to have one built and ready to go as stock. My boat will be going up for sale after Jasper. I'm going to buy a new one anyway. Hhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmm that could be fun with a big block on the bottle! Hhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmm

allison8503

All these carbon boats really make me rethink running Outlaw. Guess I'll have to even the odds somehow ;)
Please!!!!! The only way I could get a carbon boat as light as your glass boat is ready to go in the water is if Darris would sell it to me without the top cap on it and then cut the bottom off right in front of the hot foot!

hullbilly

mark some are possible orders that will probably happen after this current race season. they may and or may not materialize.
Tray,

Not trying to insinuate you were giving false info. I know you and Key are tight and you stay in the loop. I've just heard a lot of cf rumors and after talking with Darris, several of them just weren't true.

patches

Please!!!!! The only way I could get a carbon boat as light as your glass boat is ready to go in the water is if Darris would sell it to me without the top cap on it and then cut the bottom off right in front of the hot foot!
Like I said before, I weighed it at Catahoula and it was 1318:)

M.ALEXIE

Maxum and Matthew will have one in DSRA next year.

And it will weight 375#. "Can't Wait"!