Carbon Fiber xr

Yellowallison

Do you really think an FTP boat would fare any better in the event of a steering failure like Doc had
IMO you, me or ya dog, don't know the answer to that question...:very happy

RBT mentioned FRAGILE STV's....I jus mentioned a ALLISON I thought IMO was lil FRAGILE :very happy

I do know of one ALLISON that isn't FRAGILE..thats my XB21..that thing as tough as US WAR SHIP:very happy

Last edited:

patches

Well in that case I would say they're all fragile when put through the kind of forces a steering failure exerts on a boat and most importantly a 200+ lb driver being thrown against, or through, the side of the boat

Yellowallison

Well in that case I would say they're all fragile when put through the kind of forces a steering failure exerts on a boat and most importantly a 200+ lb driver being thrown against, or through, the side of the boat
was you there that day..did you see the accident then the boat??

RBT

There isn't a hope in hell you could stand on the mod-vp like that, one spot only and it makes me nervous.

Yellowallison

Now ladies, keep it civil... :rolling eyes

Last edited by a moderator:

allison8503

I have seen Rob's boat in person, Iv seen Greg's boat in person and Iv seen a couple of the carbon Allison's in person and there all very cool boats. First off I would slap the **** out of anybody wanting to stand on my new carbon boat with shoes on! LOL! Ill keep my other thoughts to myself!

patches

How'd you do Roy. I've paired up with Matthew several times. Can't tell whether he can outrun me by 3 lengths or 10 cause he rarely, if ever, uncorks the boat in Outlaw. Lol

suicidealli

it was closer than i thought. we ran about 600' about 2 boat lengths. there are pics on scream and fly under carrollton, ky rumble on the river. he was about 300 lbs lighter. i have a 15" mid, and he has a 12". i was on pump gas. great fun tho. nothing like turning 10,000 rpms in 600'. i had a blast!!!!!!!!!!!! im glad im not in his class in a real event!!lol

roy

suicidealli

yes he does...... he sold his old one already! i talked to darris a month ago about the carbon fiber ones. he has a new process that he can eliminate the extra skim coat. shave off another 15-20 lbs.

roy

RBT

I have seen Rob's boat in person, Iv seen Greg's boat in person and Iv seen a couple of the carbon Allison's in person and there all very cool boats. First off I would slap the **** out of anybody wanting to stand on my new carbon boat with shoes on! LOL! Ill keep my other thoughts to myself!
I should note here that the boat isn't mine, it is my buddy Blakes boat, Wally called me and asked me if I wanted it, but I really have more fun rigging them than running them. So I am rigging it and Blake will be driving it.... read bigger balls and deeper wallet......
So if it runs like crap I will be to blame, Jasper is coming quick and the boat hasn't been wet yet... and I still need to put a motor together for it.
It is a cool boat, but I can hardly wait to see Gregs and Andys boats and Matthews new one. All these boats are sick. I have been around Rich's and all I can say is SICK. Specially with his power and the loose nut behind the wheel. Rich has always been my favorite to watch run, nothing is cooler than an Allison strung out!

RT

biller31

One thing a lot of you are missing about this is that this also allows for boys my size in the "XXXL" club to come out and play too. See now I can make weight in many of the classes with one of these and just a little extra ballast here and there. Some of ya'll skinny boys don't know you can move your body weight around in a boat thats real light and get it to act right in variable conditions. This has extra possibilities for the fatboy crowd. Look out. Ya'll Best Hope I Stay Broke!

hullbilly

Just heard Matthew has another one on order.
Bet it's lighter!
So Matthew sold a 400 lber for a 360 lber??? Sold gearcase, mid, cowling, powerhead(s), and props...........hhhmmmmm....should be interesting, but seems odd.

Last edited: