Carbon Fiber xr

h2oskiier30

There are at least 2 out there currently, and I know of one that has been ordered...will not disclose the name of who ordered it at this time. Also heard strong rumors of another one that's been ordered, but I can't confirm that right now.

Available? I'm sure if your pockets are deep enough, you can get one built. About $40-45K was the last I heard.

hullbilly

There are at least 2 out there currently, and I know of one that has been ordered...will not disclose the name of who ordered it at this time. Also heard strong rumors of another one that's been ordered, but I can't confirm that right now.

Available? I'm sure if your pockets are deep enough, you can get one built. About $40-45K was the last I heard.
Speaking of the boat you know has been ordered......Will Ro Yale still be involved with construction like he was with Srnec and Caldwell's boats or is Allison going to build them 100% now?

h2oskiier30

Speaking of the boat you know has been ordered......Will Ro Yale still be involved with construction like he was with Srnec and Caldwell's boats or is Allison going to build them 100% now?
Don't know the details on if Ro's going to be involved from here on out or not. Info doesn't come from the Allison side.

allisonriverrat

the last time i talked to daris and nancy,,if i am not mistaken he is solo on carbon fiber boats now, and he has figured out how to make them 100 pounds lighter than the first ones.

allisonriverrat

lets just say the new hull design of the new 23 maybe something that everyone will see alot of, not just 23 feet. only time will tell

hullbilly

Well, just to put it out there, I live one house over from one of the most respected composite engineers in the world. He's the current world record holder of two long distance sailing records. His technology carries atomic weapons on jets, ect.....To cut to the chase, I let him look all over my xr and he says you could build one that weighs around 150 lbs.

Darth VMAX

150lbs would just need a trolling motor LOL.

Wait....the batteries would be too heavy

Being involved with munitions on aircraft (my career). I am very curious as to what you are talking about

RedAllison

I say I want a 200# River Racer then!!! :twisted evil

Torque/layover and setup issues aside, could you imagine what a 150# XR with a Drag would leave like??? :gasp :cuss

:beer:
RA

strip

Ok, I am uneducated in matters of this, But if the drag racing circuit has a required weight of boat motor and driver, what will a lighter boat help if your just gonna have to add weight to make class?