Best EFI fuel pump? And where to get it?

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
Right on AMAN, who needs a water separator anyway, this is a LAKE BOAT, hello

One thing for sure, rather have a drop or two of water in the fuel than a LEAN-OUT at 8 grand because of some funky-arse paper $7 canister...

Ran the pump this morning after it sat all night, purred like a cat, now if this was a plane, I'd fly in it. OK it's not a plane, I'll still fly in it. :D

J

John Richied

2fast4mom said:
Now you're really pi$$ing me off... .
Calm down Lou… geez at your age that could bring on a heart attack hehehe one more day and well you know. Hey do you qualify for the senior citizen discount now, and if you do can we use it to get a price break on motels and Merc parts… hehehe

Oh yeah AMEN!!!! YAHOO! (doing the happy dance ya Lou)

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
OK I GIVE UP!!!!!!

TWO MORE HAND LACERATIONS TRYING TO GET A 3/8" id FUEL INJECTION HOSE ON THE BOTTOM FITTING OF THE BOSCH PUMP!!!

WHAT SIZE IS THIS MADE IN CZECH REPUBLIC HOSE BARB MEANT TO FIT?????? :?:

C'MON GARY, i KNOW YOU KNOW THE ANSWER...........

GFinch

I'd say a little bigger the what your using!

I'm not there, but I'd find a larger size the just slips on and use the correct type hose clamp or two for fuel injection, as per the Boat/Diamond paper/article.
Those clamps are OK for low pressure systems like cooling systems in autos, but they cut into the hose and there not a true 360 degree uniform tension clamp.
Dinner calls I'll take a pic' for you after the chilli and tortillas. OH, another thing you should be warned about me. People don't call me Gassy Gary for nothing.

J

John Richied

<sniff, sniff>… what the hell is that! It damn sure isn’t race fuel, Oh Gary is back… :p

Class is in session :wink:

GFinch

Here we go! These are the kind!

These clamps are flanged/beveled on the edges and don't have the uneven surface where the screw is on the worm clamps.
These are from the Magic Kingdom, aka mickey mouse
I know you didn't ask!

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
Nice pics Gary, man I get tired just looking at all that work.

Lots of straight 90 fittings. Not trying to criticize; just help. Did you read the part in the Diamond Marine article where it says that each straight right angle 90 is like adding 15 feet of hose to your system?

Noted the Gaffrig air tube tank sender. Have the same one on my 03. Why the coiled ground wire?

Nice work.

J

John Richied

Did you read the part in the Diamond Marine article where it says that each straight right angle 90 is like adding 15 feet of hose to your system
Do you think the girls would buy that? LOL If so I’m thinking of installing a 90.

Good point Lou… I guess at the drag races we will see who is flowing the fuel. I don’t think a Johnson/OMC/Bomb needs much fuel flow, they don’t make that much horsepower… hehehe

Are you fired up yet Gary…

GFinch

2fast4mom said:
Nice pics Gary, man I get tired just looking at all that work.

Then don't look, I know it's like hearing the screech of tires........

Lots of straight 90 fittings. Not trying to criticize; just help. Did you read the part in the Diamond Marine article where it says that each straight right angle 90 is like adding 15 feet of hose to your system?

I know. You have a good point. How ever I'm cheep and those AN fittings arn't in my tax bracket.
This is a nonreturn system(deadhead) only the fuel used goes to the engine the rest returns to the tank thru the original supply tube. If you look at the sock and tubing before the pump, thats open to critisum also. Tie wraps, lightly braided hose, but it's inside diameter is large.

Noted the Gaffrig air tube tank sender. Have the same one on my 03. Why the coiled ground wire?

The black wire is the ground for the fuel pressure sender. The coil is to confuse the electrons. Not. It's just garnish, a longer than necessary wire wrapped tightly around a pencil, acts as strain releif.

No comments on that extra hose?

Nice work.

J

John Richied

I seem to suffer from some kind of problem, when I get into a prop testing situation, I get a cramping of the neck and shoulders, anxiety attack? Don't know.
:p :p :p :p
I’m laughin my butt off… Gary I might know you very well, but I know you well enough to cal BS on that.

I’ll see you at the finish line… when you get there I will be waiting. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

GFinch

Lou.
Please tell me if the fuel pressure changes when the throttle is suddenly opened. Like it was before you found your problem. Or changed.
Where is the pressure regulator, I think on the engine, and does it have a vacuum hose hooked up to it. If it does where is the other end hooked. ECU, intake plenum after the throttle plate?

AAH Finch