Anatomy of the lip, xb-2003

K.Kiser

Guy's have been tossed out, but typically they stay in... Hooks come in all different levels from a mild to downright abusive where bones get broken and boats get sold... Here is quick video of an Allison drag that hooked at the finish line... This Guy ended up heading directly at the bank not far out of this camera range at all... At the last moment He spun the boat around and firewalled the throttle and hit the bank backwards and saved Himself and the finish line crew from an Allison anema... Keep the boat set-up properly and become very familiar with how the boat acts along with common sense and they typically act just fine...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCdTqpSfq-c&feature=player_embedded

whipper

Cool clip!!:beer:Ya dont see to many clips of Hooks unless your JR who does then intentionaly.:big grin OK we,ll call it a bat-turn.:wink

propmanjay

When I hooked my SS it felt like it almost just swapped ends and sent me going the way I had just came from. I stayed in my seat but it tossed my passenger. Out of his seat not out of the boat. We were lucky we were only going about 95 when it happed. After that lesson in trim abuse I never hooked that SS again.

K.Kiser

When I hooked my SS it felt like it almost just swapped ends and sent me going the way I had just came from. .
Quite possibly did... Sometimes they come around with gusto, and I've heard plenty times about them coming to a stop backward... One of the previous owners of My SS blew it out at a reported 118 mph (with a ProGas set-up I believe)... It hurt his shoulder pretty bad and is the reason He sold it to the Man I bought it from...

catfish123

That looks REALLY good to me.........what material do you use to do it? Great job!

whipper

Add- Tech. Its cured all week and gets hard to sand thats a good sign. The finishing touches takes forever. Going out thursday. Its supost to snow next Sunday.:gasp Waiting on a couple of props to try a Real ET and a 28OS. Hopfully they get hear before the Temps fall below zero. I wanted the bottom and gearcase to be all fixed for there arival.