Allison Rally 2014 Watts Bar!!!!

Allyfishing

Alright already!!! Jeez!! LOL!!! I've had phone calls, seen posts requesting dates and even had texts wanting to know the dates for the 2014 rally.....sooooo

the official dates for the 2014 Allison Rally @ Watts Bar will be:

Sunday June 15th thru Sunday June 22nd

Yes, I spoke to Paul and reserved the entire Terrace View motel for those dates. The only rooms not available are the ones he occupies for he and his family, so he says.

I also called Arrowhead Resort to pre-book or hold 5 rooms in the motel units right up front in the yard by the docks/launch. However, I was informed that the cabins are pretty much open for rental as well.

Last year I held rooms at lakeside Resort (across the lake from Terrace View) where a few owners stayed and due to no cell service felt alienated from the rest of us. Arrowhead, on the other hand, is right in back of the bay where Terrace View is and albeit cell service is spotty, to say the least, is still present. And by boat, if one were to leave the Terrace a bit inebriated could still find Arrowhead by bouncing off the shore line immediately to the left of Terrace until they eventually wound up at Arrowhead!!! LOL!!! Well maybe!!!

So there ya have it!!!

I will post the resorts websites soon with contact info.

I also want us all to decide (if agreed upon) on an "official" name for this rally since it has been referred to and kicked around over the past several years as one name or another. Then we can ask the admin of this site to change it under the forum heading we are in right now.

We have come a long way with this rally and Mr. & Mrs. Allison are and have been on board with us for the past few years, especially last year. Their support (as well as their financial support for last years banquet) is greatly appreciated and most welcome.

Special thanks to Skewby on ground "Zero" and Joe Harrel who kept it going.

Allyfishing

BTW, I hope you all know I was busting ya all on the first 2 sentences!! I'm glad to see there is interest this early.
Craig

Allyfishing

Fishfast, we did have it at Euchee marine a few years ago. they were in a bad financial situation at the time and the service was less than desirable. We booked them again the following year and a few days before the rally the bank came in and shut them down and we were left holding our dicks.

A few locals (Skewby and Roger) came to the rescue, booked the HOJO in Spring City and made Terrace View our launch site/banquet location and official "headquarters" Skewby's house and yard (he lives behind the terrace).

We stopped at Euchee during the poker run this past summer for the rally and it appears that the new ownership got things back in order. I would hate to dump on the good people at Terrace after they went out of their way to help us that year.

I asked Arrowhead if they could accommodate our overflow since they are a stones throw away and easily accessible but if anyone chooses to stay at Euchee that's fine by us.

Fishfast

No problem, I wasn't sure how the new ownership there was working out. Either way as long as can a few repairs done I will be there.

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
Hey...I'll have a REALLY long trip to next year's rally, since I bought a lakefront house on Watts Bar! No more "outkast" resort for me!

Lunch is at Lou's Marina on one day, how about that? 35' x 52' lake view patio and deck. I am about 10 miles up from Euchee (BTW they are all fixed up now and good to go) and have a private, covered dock in a cove that can easily dock 4 Allison's...many more if we tie together.

Set the day and I'll be grilling my signature burgers...Ga-ron-teed to leave you with extra weight needed on port side after lunch!

What ya say Craig?

skewby

congrats on becoming watts bar trash.....lol lou that sounds great. do you get to your lake house much? me, rodger and few others will be out on the water this week end. around what mile marker is your place?

skewby

euchee and the new owners are great. they have a cool dock bar on the water with bands most week ends. been a good hang out for us locals this summer.

Allyfishing

That's awesome Lou.....you pick the day and we'll all show up. 4 Allison's??? more like 24+ depending on the day so it will look like party cove on Lake Havasu at spring break!!!!!

I'll get the hotel info up shortly. they book up quick, at least they did last year.

rmills280

well I no longer live on a houseboat but I only moved about a 1/4 mile away to the house behind skewby so the yard and hang out area has greatly increased for the rally.

Allyfishing

good to hear roger. i was afraid to ask when I saw you were selling everything.

btw, when you see paul again tell him to allow the guys to book a room when they call for the rally. he told rich he needs to clear it from me or joe first before he lets him book the room.

I will call paul on monday anyway to go over a few things
thanks roger

rmills280

robo made res. last week, its hard to get ahold of anybody right now cause its slow and thiere in and out. don't know about the other part.

Allyfishing

I spoke to Paul at Terrace View today and he is holding all the rooms for our rally. He told me that someone called from Mississippi to book a room but was not part of the rally last year so Paul would not give him a room til he spoke to me!!! I told him to book to anyone who identifies himself an Allison owner. So whoever that was call him back and book.

Also, he does not allow pets anymore. So Kenny and Marsha please contact Arrowhead Resort (in the cove right behind terrace) for a room, they will allow pets at a slight upcharge.

Here is the site: http://www.arrowheadresort.com/index.htm

Rich booked there so he can take his little doggie!!

Oops...forgot to add Terrace site: http://www.terraceviewmarina.com/index.html

coronia mike

Thanks For The INFO!!! I'll Be Booking Bout' Now! Room Booked!!!!!! See You'All Next June. And THANKS! For Doing What You'All Are Doing.

Last edited:

skewby

good to hear that your coming mike, new faces are always great. make sure you bring a big appetite and thirst. lol oh and a couple dollars for fuel, we try to put a few miles on the boats.

hooken203

New Allison owner and want to try to make it to the rally this year. Not sure I can come for the whole week. So is it better to be there the first weekend or the last?

skewby

more things going on from the middle of the week on, like the poker run and the final dinner. regardless when you get here bring a big appetite and lots of fuel money. maybe brian will chime in with the pick of the miles we ran last year, it was something just under 300 miles