Allison Drivers School

thegoop

Tom I am in the gta. There are a few Allison's around that I know of. Check out fastboatscanada if you are not already on there. Where do you usually run?

Tom M

Yes I'm frequently at Fastboats, hoping to get to West Lake Aug 11th. You going?
I'll be testing and doing set up out of Deer Bay on Buckhorn this weekend, that's home base providing the family will tolerate the noise.

David Shook

Tom,
Don't know exactly what you got for a ride but I bet we could get her going down the pond , I'll be in Plymouth N. C. next weekend for a race, bring her on down and we'll give her a spin , I don't know much about them , but there will be some boy's there that do !
One good thing about the A boy's they are always glad to help out .
Shook

xb03fs

Tom,
Don't know exactly what you got for a ride but I bet we could get her going down the pond , I'll be in Plymouth N. C. next weekend for a race, bring her on down and we'll give her a spin , I don't know much about them , but there will be some boy's there that do !
One good thing about the A boy's they are always glad to help out .
Shook
You always crack me up

SmallJaw

I probably about as new as you to learning to drive an Allison. I've made 3 trips to the lake and each one has yielded good to better results. I've hit 80 a few times but it does kind of feel like a fast car that blows 2 tires on one side all of a sudden when I get up to about 70'ish. Last time out I really messed with my hydraulic jack and started bumping my trim ever so slowly on about all the jack heights. I found what I think to be a sweet spot and ran 77 pretty darn comfortable. I think next time out I'll drive that or more again. My problem the first 2 times out was also me trying to over drive the boat instead of just kind of nudging it when it was rocking side to side. Remember a good suggestion I got from one of our AO brothers, 1/2" on the wheel in steering is a pretty good amount of steering. In other words don't do what I was doing and start jerking the wheel side to side like you are driving a Triton or something. It won't work.

Tom M

Thanks guys ... Brought her home last night, have a few small rigging issues to deal with before logging some seat time. Long weekend up here, be able to put the advice into practice.
Have a good one everyone.

wasmeneh

shook,
Have fun in Plymouth, I remember having a bass tournament there one weekend during one of the races. A little later I wrecked a transom on a Skeeter on a log floating down stream. that was just after a hurricane.