age of allison owners

Brack

Don't get me wrong you old guys are cool, but there is a reason the age of the average Allison owner is close to 50. Y'all are the only guys that can afford them. Once Allison's get down to where people can afford them they have some age on them and banks and insurance companies want touch them! And typically younger people don't have 20 grand laying around to go drop on a used boat. Just saying
I jus can't drive 55......it is addick'in....LOL

mdevrow

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

51 here. Ordered my first Allison(XR 2002) in 91(I was 30 then) new and picked it up at the factory. Ordered another new one(SS) in 2000 (I was 39 then). I disagree about having to be old to buy one new. Heck you just got to be focused in life and be successful in your career field.

I'm focused and successful Double J, just not $80,000 dollar new Allison every 5 to 10 years successful.....but I'm working on it!
:banghead:same ole song:LMAO:
You will be hard pressed to run with DoubleJ in Whatever boat he brings
that day ,Been running with him for 30yrs or more he can drive and he will race anybody .He has got some seat time in Allison Boats.

David Shook

65 if I can hold on until Jan. I think I've had five A boats , set the record at 57 , started drag racing at 60 , running Pro Gas in ODBA , came in fifth in points and only ran two races, what's up with that , had to either work or deer hunt and missed the other races LOL! Think I'm getting that old timers , I have to have my radio man at the Drag finish line to tell me when to get out of it , cause I can't remember if it is a quater or a kilo ?????? LOL!!!!!!
Just bullshitting as usual , it don't matter how young or old, just keep nailing it and have fun.
Shook

Tim Bostic

I grew up driving ALL different kinds of boats.
Decided early on that I wouldn't be happy unless it was an Allison!
All my friends had boats for several years & gave me a hard time for not getting one. I told them I was waiting until I had enough money saved up to get an Allison. After 6 years of putting up with my buddies..... I bought my first Allison in 1987. I still own it & it looks GREAT for a boat that's now pushing 25+ years!!!! Same boat - lots of different Merc's on the back!

I'll be 50 this coming Jan. 2013

John S

Knees and back of an 80-85 year old, mind and mischief seeking desires of a 15 year old... Averages oot to aboot 36. Started the adventure with an xtb, moved to the best boat ever (xb 2002 BR), went to a xb 2003 (oops), and now run the Jack Daniels (Joker on Jack) xb 2002 booze chaser racer with JBF RACING power. My Maserati does 185...

MWest77

You will be hard pressed to run with DoubleJ in Whatever boat he brings
that day ,Been running with him for 30yrs or more he can drive and he will race anybody .He has got some seat time in Allison Boats.
I just got my Allison a couple months ago. I'm still trying to learn how to drive it. I certainly wasn't challenging him to a race. Think you misunderstood the post. I hope I can learn from all of you guys in the future. My wife and I are very excited to hopefully be at the rallys next year.

MWest77

I'm 24 got an XTB over the summer I love it.
Congrats! You should post some pics. I'm not sure but I think there's not too many around. Thanks to Ocktane, SilverBullet, and my recent work on it, it has shined up like a new penny! And still solid as a rock. I hope to get a 2003 one day but don't think I'll turn loose of the XTB.

Tim Bostic

Might be one of the youngest. 18 now, bought my 15R when I was 13 and my dad and I started restoring it. 2 years resto, and I've been driving it for 3 summers now.
I'm 24 got an XTB over the summer I love it.
Welcome to the "Allison" family to both of you guys.
It's great to see the younger crowd get a jump on us older guys.
I'm sure we'd all like to see a few pics of your boats.
There's a lot of experience lurking here & everyone's good to jump in & help, so if you guys need anything or have any questions, just post.

Big Jack

i'm 63,bought my first allison in 1973 - 15' bass boat. was a dealer in the 1980's and have owned dozens of them. just sold a clean xtb. my favorite -the next one!! jack

ally260

i'm 63,bought my first allison in 1973 - 15' bass boat. was a dealer in the 1980's and have owned dozens of them. just sold a clean xtb. my favorite -the next one!! jack
Dayum Jack. You still a spring chicken!!! 67 and got my first ally in uh, uh, uh, Hell maybe I can remember later..........