age of allison owners

mdevrow

I just got my Allison a couple months ago. I'm still trying to learn how to drive it. I certainly wasn't challenging him to a race. Think you misunderstood the post. I hope I can learn from all of you guys in the future. My wife and I are very excited to hopefully be at the rallys next year.
Welcome to the Allison family MWest Good luck with the NEW boat, these boats can be a hand full if you push them to the limit but with seat time you'll be doing BAT turns before you know it. Running the River at 90 plus on a nice day becomes a way of life Enjoy it LIFE IS SHORT!!

MWest77

:helpGood Lord! I hope I never do a bat turn. My learning curve has been very slow and careful. Hit 70 a few times and it usually wants to start chine walking all over the place. Sometimes not so much. Learning to drive an Allison is a good problem to have!:help

atgill

52 years !!
Had some type of boat since 16,
Brother and I tried 2 9.8 Mercs on a jon boat in 1973.....didnt work to good!!

FLYING BUTCHER

Come on, someone out there is over 68!! I can't be the only ole fart that likes to go fast??? How old is badbait?

Alli-drenaline Rush

I like how you just slipped the new boat into this thread. You've been waiting forever, that's worthy of a new thread just for your boat. What power?

*** now I see the thread***
Yeah patches it's been a long wait! But man o man was it sweet when I pulled into the factory parking lot on Monday!

It's a tight-knit group..... Seems like everyone remembers I've been waiting years!!!!

CharlieM

Probationary User
"70" 10/21/42

Venture,Bullet,and a lot of
other brands new Allison 4/16/02
Linda's lakeside marine
Morristown' Tn

XB2003 225X

ally25

I'll be 60 in Feb. Man that looks old when you write it down. Since I put a 250xs on my 03, it feels just as exciting as it did 11yrs. ago when I got my first and only A-boat.

chester8420

It was off when I got it. I've just never put it back on... I actually have 2 windshields for it. The original is a weird tinted red color, but I have a new "smoked glass" one.

badbait

I'm 71 years old. I haven't been on this site in a while. I've been busy working with team WAR CANOE as there crew chief. We just took the overall win a few weeks ago at the Parker 300 Enduro held in Parker Az. posting the best time ever for that race. I love Allisons and every other outboard that runs fast.

Jimxb02

I know it's some effort to read the posts from page one to the last page ----- but on page four I posted my age of 72. I plan to be at the Allison Cliffton rally in July at the age of 73. I'm not the fastest boat on the water, but I have a promax on a XB02 that has surprised many kids. Old age and treachery will beat youth and enthusiasm !!!!!

Jim

suicidealli

I know it's some effort to read the posts from page one to the last page ----- but on page four I posted my age of 72. I plan to be at the Allison Cliffton rally in July at the age of 73. I'm not the fastest boat on the water, but I have a promax on a XB02 that has surprised many kids. Old age and treachery will beat youth and enthusiasm !!!!!

Jim

That is my idle!!!!!!! Tell them Jim... You da man!!!!!

Roy

Bucketmouth

43 here. I will just keep hanging new motors on her until I die. Sure I will rot out before the 2002 will. Owned it for 7 years now and puts smiles on everyone's face that gets a ride in it.

Attachments

jaclayto

I am 51. I bought my first one when I was 23 and have owned 4 and I am currently looking for number 5 and to date the only one that had a trolling motor on it was my first one a 1979 SST.

Dave Hensley

59. First Allison was a 13.5' ski boat with 65 hp Merc in 1974. I think I have owned 23-24 since then. Four right now. They are not for everyone but I am kind of stuck on them. My favorite fishing boat is still the XTB and favorite go fast is the XR2002.