120 mph bass boat gps

K-DAWG XB 2003

Staff member
Neal, you have met all those Stroker guys. You have more expirence on this subject than anyone. How many of thse super fast strokers were stock boats?

GotMyAlly

Yeah, I've hung out with Kurt quite a few times. Only been around Paul a time or two. I believe tweety was light and had a different pad. I don't know about the black boat. I think that one just has a chit ton of hp. I don't think there's that many special strokers running around though.

Last edited:

David Shook

I will be the first to congradulate anyone that runs 120 in a bassboat, but that is like disco, I was doing that eleven years ago in a salvage boat, hold that for two + miles in opposite directions with proper electronic timing equipment and then post your time, do ya'll remember me posting a 120 run back in 2001, I don't think so !!!!!! I called Glenn Reynolds and was tickled to death and asked him what I need to do? He said take a picture of your GPS and post it. I knew the doubting and being called a liar that would come with that announcement so I sat on the boat for a few more years, almost sold it, but I waited until an APBA event came along so there would't be any doubt about a GPS or any bullshit on my part .
Although GPS is farily accurate and the best we can do, I didn't post it, I waited and my time came around and yours will too, And I promise I'll be the first one to congradulate you, although I wished ya'll would hurry up , I ain't getting any younger and either want to see it or maybe try to outrun you LOL!
I think my class may have been retired because of the speed I was running, they didn't want me to run the last time I went, but the water was bad and I couldn't even attempt to break the record, made one try in two to three foot rollers and only ran 109, so I think you Allison boy's shoud concentrate on the larger boats that will take the heavy motors, I do think the rules will change due to motor weight, so ya'll that are interested in keeping the gravy with our boats need to work in that direction.
Good luck and be careful.
Your friend,
Shook

Darth VMAX

How many APBA events occur? Is it annually? or just whenever a group wants to try for some records?

Great to see you posting Shook!

Last edited:

allisonriverrat

5 bucks.... lol or shall i say in my opionion says there is a new 21 A boat that will hit 100.. and not with a 300 on it...

K-DAWG XB 2003

Staff member
I am talking about bass boats that are rigged for fishing and breaking 100. I am not talking about someone stripping one down and running for shooks record. I dont think there is a stroker made that will run what Shoook did with a stock motor on a production hull. These Stroker I am talking about running 110 have those big hyrdotec Yammies on the back making over 350 hp. I dont think the guys with the XB-21's are out there running there XB-21's for everything there worth looking for that absolute highest top speed they can get like the Stroker boy's are. I have heard of a few XB-21's running 100 but, not near as many claiming to be doing it in Strokers. I am no expert on the subject most of what I know is from here and the other site.

Shook you are the man, Period! If there was anyone who could break your record I think they would have at least tried by now. Theres not a stock production Stroker around that is gonna run that speed with a stock motor of any kind IMHO.

Last edited:

TBuck2003

The video is LEGIT... I know and work with the guys that run this boat, and it is impressive to say the least. The set up time and the amount of calculated work that went into the boat, is to be commended. Let me also say this, it is not a Allison vs. Stroker pissin match. It is working on something you have and getting the most out of it. Brent owns a Lanier Custom Boat which is a tunnel bass boat. He has logged many hours doing r and d to see the most out of a particular rig. I also know Brent is a BIG Allison fan, and has owned many !!!! So everyone that wants to make it a pissin match stop. I have done a lot of props for this project, and we are real close to putting some more mph's on this sucker shortly !!!! My hat goes off to ANYONE that has the skill and know how to get the most out of anything, whether it is 70mph or 700 !!! I can say it has been a real pleasure working with Brent , Eli , and Todd on this project, and looking for mid 120's in the near future. It is real easy to pick apart someones accomplishments behind a keyboard, it is not real easy to accomplish going 120 plus in a Vee Bottom. I am a Allison Fan throughout, but love fast boats and the comraderie of the sport even more !!!!!! Be Fast Be Safe...

TBuck

allisonriverrat

well like i said earlier in another post.... pound for pound... in my opinon there is not a stroker or bullet out there that can run with a allison. the ones that are running big numbers are one offs.. and have super hot rod motors one therm.. the allisons that have hit mid to upper 90s in 21s so far have been stock production, with stock motors that i know of. allisons are the best,fastest boat period. and the last post i made about seeing a certain A boat (allison) 21 ft break a 100.. well it is a stock 21 fishing ready. i was saying that to pick at a certain someone on here, but i think he may have the right setup now, just depends if hes looking to try..:)

allisonriverrat

but again,,,, sorry if i helped get this post off track for what it really is.. no matter who we be or what we are driving... that is a great feat in it self just to drive 120 in a small boat. and i am jealous!!!:) i think.lmao

Darth VMAX

I know that if a boat that could post a serious challenge to the record existed it would no doubt in my opinion be the Lanier. It may not be quick, but they are fast and very stable.
The fact that you can rig them with twin outboards just makes them capable of handling more horsepower than ANY Stroker or Allison. The dual 300x boat a few years back blasted some 120+ speeds and never got fine tuned for a true top end rig. Can you imagine twin Simon 300x or Phase III Hydro-Tec Yammies?
you are talking 760HP hangin on the transom!

Here is a question. At what point is the Sportmaster past its "safe" speed design? When would you have to go to something else?

GotMyAlly

I'm not sure there is much alternative to a sportmaster with that much horsepower. What else would stand up to that abuse?

RedAllison

The video is LEGIT... I know and work with the guys that run this boat, and it is impressive to say the least. The set up time and the amount of calculated work that went into the boat, is to be commended. Let me also say this, it is not a Allison vs. Stroker pissin match. It is working on something you have and getting the most out of it. Brent owns a Lanier Custom Boat which is a tunnel bass boat. He has logged many hours doing r and d to see the most out of a particular rig. I also know Brent is a BIG Allison fan, and has owned many !!!! So everyone that wants to make it a pissin match stop. I have done a lot of props for this project, and we are real close to putting some more mph's on this sucker shortly !!!! My hat goes off to ANYONE that has the skill and know how to get the most out of anything, whether it is 70mph or 700 !!! I can say it has been a real pleasure working with Brent , Eli , and Todd on this project, and looking for mid 120's in the near future. It is real easy to pick apart someones accomplishments behind a keyboard, it is not real easy to accomplish going 120 plus in a Vee Bottom. I am a Allison Fan throughout, but love fast boats and the comraderie of the sport even more !!!!!! Be Fast Be Safe...

TBuck
AAAAMEN, Brent and his posse are as LEGIT as much as my boat is red! Sure it's a custom modified boat, sure they have "phuktons" of horsepower hangin on it, sure they aren't having to spool it up quickly to hit legitimate lights for a record run... but bottom line, that's a 21ft long x 94.5" wide hole in the wind they are pushing 120 thru. Might can get me drunk enough to try 120 in a XB02 but NO WAY am I trying that in a 21ft ANYTHING!!! :embarassed I remember somewhere in that clip the boat really laying down on the leftside for quite a ways at speed. That happens in our boats and you better be getting ready for a swim! :shock:

Obviously there's a HELLUVA difference in running 95-105 in a loaded boat vs running 120 in a taterchip/custom/one off! There are PLENTY of Strokers that will run the hun in fishing trim, PLENTY!!! Kurt is a crazy bastard anyway! :razz He'll run 100+ for MILES, he must be the luckiest dude I know. IMHO the laws of physics pertaining to prop ears and skegs do NOT apply to him! I've never seen them run that high for 20-30 miles on end, DAY AFTER DAY, WEEK AFTER WEEK, MONTH AFTER MONTH, YEAR AFTER YEAR like he has them last. I try dat chit and they come unglued before I get out of sight of the ramp. I can say 105 in the black boat with him holdin the wheel and me holdin a jug of Sportsmans Brew at Pickwick was childsplay, even in the wake/chop of numerous other boats. I'll piss off the termite boaters with this statement, but that boat rode MUCH better through everything we went through that day than the 21 Bullet I spent a day in on KY Lake several years ago!!!

As for the 21XB, yeah they'll run over 100 with 300X type power, several did it when they first came out. But you won't catch my azz in one trying it! Now who knows what you can do via bottom mods, but IMHO the 21 just doesn't "lock in" and want to go faster at speeds over 85-90 like any of the 20ft Allis do. Gets back to that BIG, wide hole in the wind you're pushing at that speed. Anyone ever run 110-115 or heaven help 120+ in one I want to stand on the bank and watch and I want to look under the cowl and admire such a hairy chested powermill...

Peace out doubters, :at the bar
RA

suicidealli

You said it, skill. Also a good setup person.
Well Roy you are right and I'm eating crow. I looked at the video somewhere between 1:19 - 1:35 and it took the guy 16 sec to go past two power poles. At 120 mph, 8 sec = 1,408 ft.... The guy says on S&F he is from Plantation, FL... I found using Google Earth a canal near Plantation with a power line like the one in the video, situated about the same distance from the canal as it appears in the video... Same single power pole configuration (there is a canal near Plantation with a double power-pole configuration). And the distance between poles is...... 1,400 ft. I stand corrected.

Richard

No problem Richard. You have to question those speeds.. You didn't really know the source. Us Allison guys Have to face the fact we are not king dogs on the water anymore. Lol. 120 in a "fishing boat"

120 mph in a fishing boat is just nothing but awesome!!!!!!!!!
I don't think a 21' allison is going to come close to it.
Takes big marbles to run that fast in a 2002, or any other Allison fishing boat...
I don't think of it as a pissin match, but I'm a proud owner of an Allison, and currently the fastest bass boat record for now.. I would just like it to stay that way.
I appreciate, and respect the STV as well. No matter how many different people have made them. They are fast boats.
Stroker are fast boats too.
My hat goes off to them!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fact is if your running a 21' Allison, and a stroker with a 300 comes bye, you better just wave......LMAO

Oh I have shooks last built prop to run in the 120's.

Roy

wc911

No problem Richard. You have to question those speeds.. You didn't really know the source. Us Allison guys Have to face the fact we are not king dogs on the water anymore. Lol. 120 in a "fishing boat"

120 mph in a fishing boat is just nothing but awesome!!!!!!!!!
I don't think a 21' allison is going to come close to it.
Takes big marbles to run that fast in a 2002, or any other Allison fishing boat...
I don't think of it as a pissin match, but I'm a proud owner of an Allison, and currently the fastest bass boat record for now.. I would just like it to stay that way.
I appreciate, and respect the STV as well. No matter how many different people have made them. They are fast boats.
Stroker are fast boats too.
My hat goes off to them!!!!!
Fact is if your running a 21' Allison, and a stroker with a 300 comes bye, you better just wave......LMAO

Oh I have shooks last built prop to run in the 120's.

Roy

I wouldn't never guessed you would ever had Shooks last 120's props (Prop Whore)!!!:LMAO:

Todd D

Hey Roy, its Todd down in Naples you bought that 260 from me. This boat is the one we talked about. I designed it and did the conversion. The boat weighs 100lbs more than a stock stroker after all the glass work. The boat is a three seater and still a fully functional tournament boat. Eli and I fished the BBC Okeechobee tournament last year from her. The motor is a slightly modified 300x with 130lbs of compression, 7400rpm rev limiter on a Taylor 15" mid all on a 1.62 sporty. The boat is fun but all credit must go to Brent. I have no interest in going 120 in that vee but in the Lcb....... Eli has been real close to running 120 In WK himself.