120 mph bass boat gps

Darth VMAX

"go for the record!...Its only 116 right now" LMAO!!!! Silly kids

White knuckles is fast no doubt. But this ting has been tweaked and modded so much it hardly even looks like a Stroker anymore (maybe thats a good thing). There is White Knuckles and the black WSP Bullet. Seems people are desperatley building these specialized "one off" boats for some reason.

I for one would like to see if it actually could break the Allison (Shook) record though. Its what....7 years and standing?

Alli-drenaline Rush

Sorry guys there is no way he is doing 120 mph.... He has his GPS set to read kilometers per hour.... So 120 km/hr = 74.5 mph.... At 120 mph I think that the white noise from the Go-Pro would drown out the motor, the marsh line would absolutely fly by and the cuffs on his shirt sleeves would not flop leisurely in the breeze.... Also notice it doesn't take him that long to slow down....

Assume just for the sake of argument he could get 105 mph out of 280 HP.... That would say that he needs 366 HP to make 120, since power requirement goes up with the square of speed..... (120/105)^2 *280 = 366 HP needed for 120.....

Notice how he doesn't put mph on his vid (just the number 120 and people either jump to the conclusion that his GPS is reading mph, or are too polite to call it like it is), and nobody answered Roy's basic questions about rpms, prop pitch, gear ratio, boat length, etc....

Gotta call BS on that one....

whipper

Looks like nothing to it. Must have a BB and a Big wheel. Seem to be lofting along. A little wiggly on the wheel but looked good. Now lets see 129-130+ like Shook and Renolds have done before with a 2.4 and 2.5 liter. Even though the records only 116 Dave and Glen have both been 130 before. mid 120,s lots. Didnt one of the passes for the record reach over 120? Then a gust of wind slowed down the next pass makeing the average 116?

At any rate thats great to see Brent going for it. His new hull seems to handel well at those speeds with the BB. It seems theres more for that hull because 120 looked easy but a wall? 130 with some more pitch maybe? Has to beet 129 with that motor if its not bone stock to beat the record of 129 by Glen for modded motor isnt it?

xb03fs

the motors not stock and it started as a big block 300

Last edited:

Alli-drenaline Rush

Look at 9:28... I heard this Ally driver was doing 108, but I could be wrong....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0e4u9_YQyk

Now compare the distance to the shoreline in this video against that of the White Knuckles 120 video, and the apparent speed at which the shoreline recedes in the two videos and tell me again that he is doing 120 mph.......

Not saying he can't do 120 mph, I just don't see 120 mph in that particular video.........

allisonriverrat

well i would like to see pics of the entire boat!! is it a two seater or three.? in my mind i have always said if daris would build a 21 to a 22 foot xb2002.. it would sell. that was a kool vid for sure looked like it handled well if it was what it really was... but if he is working on a record set up... better be able to get it up and a full speed a bit quicker than that, but none the less a great feat in it self;; i will never try anything like a record try in my time, but damn sure would like to run 120 that smooth in my time though:) be safe who ever you are..

Darth VMAX

. Even though the records only 116 Dave and Glen have both been 130 before. mid 120,s lots. Didnt one of the passes for the record reach over 120? Then a gust of wind slowed down the next pass makeing the average 116?

That is what I meant with my post. Just becasue it does a one time of 120 doesn't mean anything as far as setting a record.

I remember Shook posting that his GPS was hitting 122.4 at the end of the run,so what you said is true as far as the 120 mark. No idea about a gust of wind. Holding a speed over a Kilo and then doing it in the opposite direction.....I can't imagine the concentration to do that! I still find Shooks record incredible. And to add that it isn;t a special built or highly modded design makes it even more incredible and a testament of Allison of having such a fast design.

Last edited:

whipper

Yes Darth totaly agree. I sure dont want to take anything away from the guy running 120 in a vee hull outboard Bullet because that alone is somthing still only a handfull of guys have ever done in history!!! Its great and it will always be a great feat.
I wish that 23fter would get done. I would be interested to see what she could do with a modded 300 and a 32 spinned 7000.:beer: Not 120 Im sure being a little heavy but should bust the 100 mark at least.

Anyone know what the length and weight is of this Bullet Hull? I heard shes a one off Kevlar hull made extra wide to handel the displacment of the BB but under 20ft in length? Sounds and looks like a sound hull to start producing. Very cool.

K.Kiser

Whipper, the boat in the video is a modified Stroker... They certainly run some big top end numbers, higher than Bullets and only marginally behind full-house Allisons..

K-DAWG XB 2003

Staff member
I am pretty sure there are some Stroker Bass Boats that havent been modified in anyway running in the teens with 300+ HP Hydrotec yammies on the tail. Stroker will flat out run big numbers. There are few guy's with 250 Pro XS. That are claiming to bust 100.

suicidealli

I don't know anything first hand, but the motor has some serious mods, and making big power. The boat is tweaked, and lite. There has been several people working on it to get it there.
Here is my opinion: to set a record, you get 5/8 of a mile to get up to speed, then you run 3 miles. Then you do the samething running back in the other direction.
1 There problem is the props are so big it takes a while to get up to speed.
2 they aren't going to be running in perfect conditions like the video.
3 they take the average speed for each of the 3 mile run, then average those numbers together.

I believe the boat is running that fast.

I have been faster than most, and have more hp then most 2.5's out there.
I can't break the record with what I'm running right now. I have 2 power heads that have a more hp, but I have been 116, and it isn't pretty looking.
Dangerous as hell, the boat was tweaking around, and I know I cant hold those speeds for that long.

IMO, and shocks there is no way a bass racer can do it.. At those speeds a slight gust your done. Just running that fast the bow is so lite, it is a handful to drive. The comp is the boat to do it with. where you can add a little weight where you need it, or a lite tourney.
Shook is the man...
I can set mine up to prolly run 120, but I ain't driving it..... And I don't think it wil be there in 5/8 of a mile, so that means you have to run in the 120's to average better than 116.5.

JMO a built 3.0 modified for a 2.5 mid sure would make it easier. If you had 375-400hp, you wouldn't have to drive the boat so aggressive to get there. You could also add more weight to achieve the hull to be at a perfect position, and handle the winds. Just my thoughts...

It won't be long somebody is going to break it, and it isn't going to be a 2.5 involved, unless it is on an ally.. Somebody in the ally family better step up, or a different boat manufacture is going to have the record.

These built 3.0l are putting out big hp, and big torque.
That is a fact!!!!!! We may have the best, fastest bass hull, but when you have a ton of hp, you dont need a perfect hull.

PS: Todd and Tom has their 2002 running good numbers. Maybe we could work together to break the record, or be ready to break it when the current record gets beat. I know the motor you guys are running, and know what I can build, and what I have sitting here!!!!!! With your guys prop experience 116 could be beat with the right driver....

Roy

Last edited:

Dave Hensley

Kind of puts what Reynolds did with a 2.4 in a whole new perspective. Hard to get your head wrapped around that if you have ever been in the teens.

Alli-drenaline Rush

Yeah Roy a 3L may be where it's at... esp with a 21 ft hull..... I don't know jack-chit, but it seems to me that you'd have to run at least a 34p to get big numbers, unless you drop the ratio below 1.62.... then you gotta have even more torque.... Whip mentioned 7000 rpm ... that with a 32p and 1.62 ratio means nothing lower than a 92% prop efficiency to get 120.... so it seems to me you either gotta run a bigger pitch, lower ratio or rev her up and risk having her come apart in a 100 pieces....

funny how that guys' GPS numbers change so quickly on the big end.... he must be pushing 400+ HP to have that much power on the big end to get mph changes in a few seconds at 118-120.....

suicidealli

Yeah Roy a 3L may be where it's at... esp with a 21 ft hull..... I don't know jack-chit, but it seems to me that you'd have to run at least a 34p to get big numbers, unless you drop the ratio below 1.62.... then you gotta have even more torque.... Whip mentioned 7000 rpm ... that with a 32p and 1.62 ratio means nothing lower than a 92% prop efficiency to get 120.... so it seems to me you either gotta run a bigger pitch, lower ratio or rev her up and risk having her come apart in a 100 pieces....

funny how that guys' GPS numbers change so quickly on the big end.... he must be pushing 400+ HP to have that much power on the big end to get mph changes in a few seconds at 118-120.....

Dave bush the OMC guru builder can make well over 400 hp on pump gas..
The 3.0l with all the custom work, and parts can too...
The stock 3.0l will scatter in a million pieces if you try and buzz them up, and so will the omc... If you have the money 400 hp is easy, and 450 can be made too. Oh they can spin way higher than 7000 too!!!!!!!!!!!!

I use to drag race cars years ago, and for a small block to run with a big block, you better have NOS, or a huge difference in weight. LMAO

Roy

Last edited:

Alli-drenaline Rush

Dave bush the OMC guru builder can make well over 400 hp on pump gas..
The 3.0l with all the custom work, and parts can too...
The stock 3.0l will scatter in a million pieces if you try and buzz them up, and so will the omc... If you have the money 400 hp is easy, and 450 can be made too. Oh they can spin way higher than 7000 too!!!!!!!!!!!!

I use to drag race cars years ago, and for a small block to run with a big block, you better have NOS, or a huge difference in weight. LMAO

Roy
Maybe Joel can put one of those bad boys on the XB02 and fly!