Recent content by alli ss

1. A

1997 260

motor was sold twice since then. never got any PMs. the motor is an 260, so it is an EFI and you have to mix the gas and oil
  2. A

ATTN: 21' owners ???s

yeah my 03 is a scant 26' long too. had to build a new shop for it :lol:
  3. A

ATTN: 21' owners ???s

the width is regulated so you'll be okay as long as they don't have a wide load banner on the back :lol:
  4. A

xs hybrids

that's a good idea but I doubt they will ever offer a good race motor again. sho is sad :roll:
  5. A

DONE UNTILL NEXT YEAR

boy that sux- sorry to hear that yall. you know bob- I hear the same thing out of mine :lol:
  6. A

Minimum Power for XB2002/XB2003?

it would be a good package on a 2003. they run 60 something with a 90 I do believe. call billy bower in russelville, ar- bower marine for accurate speeds. he has been runnin rudes on em for years and I bet he knows exactly what that motor will do!
  7. A

Lawn mower that surges...

did you get the steamwheel with yours? I have a mad efi on my JD now. along with some simon motorsports heads and blades balanced and blueprinted by billy. :wink:
  8. A

White deposits on spark plugs; water in fuel?

has anybody ever measured the o- rings to see the diameter and thickness? I could get a hundred of them for 54.00 probably :roll:
  9. A

Leaking seal in lower unit?

just have them do a vacuum and pressure test. they will see dolla signs if you tell em to just fix it :lol:
  10. A

I do have hi comp o-ring heads. and it seems like I need to sell you some parts- I buy em from my former best friend and merc dealer. they are $54/ set :lol: just a maintenance freak. I do all my own work and have seen what neglect will do to one. I also run dino oil for a reason- I run the...
  11. A

I am doing it for the same reason. I have caught side pins coming out before they do much damage. I run dino oil so I clean the tops. I run nic sleeves so I check for scuffing and such. now if I had a promax I wouldn't do it. I am paranoid about these fine mercury motors to the point I am VERY...
  12. A

Interesting observation....wind over the front deck

yep, ole darris knows a little bit about aerodynamics :lol:
  13. A

now I'm curious as to why you don't? :lol:
  14. A

I take my heads off about 5 times a year. I never wanted to chance it (not getting them to fit) but never thought about reusing the outside one. does the vaseline not mess up the rubber being on it the whole time it's in the motor? and my cyl rings are always kinda flat and I have been skeered...
  15. A

they have to be replaced lou. everytime I pull mine out they expand and won't even go back in the slot :lol: