ATTN: 21' owners ???s

RedAllison

I need to know (within an inch) the width of the widest part of a 21 BasSport on a tandem Boatmate trailer??? I can't remember if the trailer is wider (I want to say it is but barely) than the hull or vice versa?

Why? My 3 car garage has three 9' doors (narrowest place between door frame moulding) and my XB2003 fits but only has about 6" of clearance on each side. Hopefully the 21s will fit inside of 9' (seems like you have to have a special permit to haul anything over 8.5' OTR) if not then I guess I best be gettin estimates on a single door that spans two spaces (like most new 3 car garages nowadays). I'm plannin on one of those electric trailer dollies to pull it in and out of the garage with so even if it's only got a couple of inches on each side I should be ok. (hopefully, maybe, kinda sorta, can't put it in the garage after a 12 pack... :oops: )

Farkin boat is gonna cost me a bloody fortune!
RA

Yellowallison

RED... the 21's and 2003 are on the same trailer as I been told.... sure lookz like it..

Call Dad (MR Tom) at the house in the AM and have him go out to the garage and measure his.... Dadz number iz 904-781-9001.. yu know he'll do all he can to help ya.. YU know after yu get threw talkin to him yu gunna have the fever even mo cuz he loves hiz 21..

He also reads here so maybe he will reply..

YEA!!!!!!!!!! ole RED iz gett'n a 21!!! YU go BOY!!!!!!!!!!!

YO KEV.. Aint yu next????????

Mike2002

Yellar, I don't think so!

YA,

I know the XB2002 and XB2003 are on the same trailer but I don't think the new 21's are. If I remember correctly during our tour of the Boatmate factory they had a new prototype frame out for at that time the new unreleased 21ft boat.

Just go out and measure Yellar III's trailer width vs. your Daddy's so Red can make up his mind about getting a new boat.

See ya,

Mike2002

R

Redding XB21

I just measured our new XB21 in it,s temporary nest. The actual widest part is the tires! They are out a bit from the fenders. The boat rub rail is within the fenders. Tire to tire outside is right on 96". How are you for length? I am in the process of building a new garage for the toys, 24' wide X 32' deep. Yes they can drain the accounts.

R

Redding XB21

Thought I better measure the length. It's 24'7" with the motor trimmed down(in order to clear the opening height). I don't have the swing-away-tongue. When you're buying one of these, what's a couple more $$$$$? Good old DMV just hit me for about 4200. S.O. says, "Are you done spending yet?" I just don't answer! :wink:

fishnfireman

Red,

Im at the fire station tonight so I cant go measure.
But it sure looked to me like it's very close if not the same trailer.
The first thing I noticed was how much higher the deck of the new 21 is when sitting on the trailer..............I know the boat is deeper but it's also because the boat sits above the fender and my 2003 sit between them. So I don't think this trailer is wider than the last.
Just looking at where this one sits in the shop. actual lenght and width don't appear to be much if any difference.
However the old 2003 had 14.5" setback and this one has about 8.
Going by that it may be about 6 ' longer.

RedAllison

Thanx men, I knew the 02s and 03s shared the same trailer but couldn't remember on the 21. I agree, it is so big, wide and tall I guess everything just "looks" alot bigger (swat I tell Michelle!!!). If in fact it is the same trailer I am good to go. Hell without "scrouncin her up" my 03 is about 26' from one end of the trailer too the rearmost prop blade. Yes I DO plan on getting a swing away tongue, whats a few more bucks on something already obscenely priced?

Anyone know what a tournament loaded BasSport Elite would do with 2 men and a 225 Sport XS (3.0)? I am sure for no more money diff I will stick with the 250XS tho,
RA

ALLISONMAN

red let me know how much and when ya want to sell your boat!! i have a friend of mine interested in it when you sell.

RedAllison

Will do Bryan, thanx.

One thing about Darris' stubborness, I guess if anyone wants a REALLY red 03 they better talk too me instead of him! I'm still tryin to figure out which layout or color option will have the most red I can get on a 21,
RA

D

DarthVMAX

Screw that 225 Sportproxs whatever it is.....GO FOR THE 250xs!!!