xr2002 hits a wall at 110

ziemer

What is the new record? I know 120 is fast, and alot of people have gone 120 in a 2002, starting with Owen Boris in 1986 with a modified 2.4L ran 126, Tiger did it in 1995, I ran 116 in Owen's old Mop VP boat with a 24" and I drove it with a 26 and a 28. I would hate to see what Owen's "record" boat would run with a good 2.5 on it.

Wanna see a fast 2002 anyone got pics of that run.................
His personal best was 122, prior to 2 weeks ago...with his pump gas 280 and sportmaster, Tyner ran 123.4.

Maybe for his next attempt I'll get my GoPro attached to the side of it. Don't think he got any pics of the last run. There were plenty of witnesses though. ;)

whipper

just rerigged my xr 2002 w/ a 15" mid, ally cut sporty, running a 260(290 hp at pshaft), using a 30 et, pshaft is even w/ the pad, 9" of setback. boat gets up to 110 ok(felt much quicker w/ a bob's case), but will not go faster, at 110 i'm almost to 3/4 throttle, the additional throttle does nothing. any suggestions???
You need to get a video like the 100mph run your son took at 110.
If you look at Glens run in this link stop the frame when the hull is centered on the sceen. Take a straight edge and run it down the keel line of his hull. Look at the prop shaft hight and angle or there lack off.:big grin Hes running so very close to nutral he must have her jacked to the moon to run that flat!!!! http://forums.screamandfly.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180756 When i got my acu it was very rich also. Im at 2000ft so had to lean it out a lot. I figured playing with it that you need to go one on the main for every 500ft above sea level from the -3 preset at sea level. Check plugs or pyro if you have a pyro. Tony has a chart that if you know what altidude your at he can figure very close were need to be.

Im only saying this about your prop shaft hight because Im at 1/4 above most of the time now with a GS and an XR with a 260 running the speeds your looking for will need to be higher than 1/4 above from what ive heard and read. The video of you running 100 it looked to me that you could stand another 1/4 to half an inch to lessen your angle and run flatter. With the bow up a little like that you have a wall of wind hitting the bottom of the hull that will slow you down like a parachute. Look at Glens Hull by stopping the video and youll see the perfict set he has slicing the air like an arrow.!!
His motor is very stright up and down also. I would say it looks like his prop shaft is exactly one bump past apsalute nutral. Once your running the right fuel mix and a little smaller prop like Shook,Glen, and some other super fast guys just concentrate on running with a little higher stern set with less trim to get you up and you should easaly be in the high teens. Shook ran a 29 Mazco for his WR run in his bassboat with a stock Drag. I think I remeber Shook saying when asked about his prop shaft hight he said it was to the moon. So im sure it was a little more than 1/4 above.:big grin

actmobmar

You need to get a video like the 100mph run your son took at 110.
If you look at Glens run in this link stop the frame when the hull is centered on the sceen. Take a straight edge and run it down the keel line of his hull. Look at the prop shaft hight and angle or there lack off.:big grin Hes running so very close to nutral he must have her jacked to the moon to run that flat!!!! http://forums.screamandfly.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180756 When i got my acu it was very rich also. Im at 2000ft so had to lean it out a lot. I figured playing with it that you need to go one on the main for every 500ft above sea level from the -3 preset at sea level. Check plugs or pyro if you have a pyro. Tony has a chart that if you know what altidude your at he can figure very close were need to be.

Im only saying this about your prop shaft hight because Im at 1/4 above most of the time now with a GS and an XR with a 260 running the speeds your looking for will need to be higher than 1/4 above from what ive heard and read. The video of you running 100 it looked to me that you could stand another 1/4 to half an inch to lessen your angle and run flatter. With the bow up a little like that you have a wall of wind hitting the bottom of the hull that will slow you down like a parachute. Look at Glens Hull by stopping the video and youll see the perfict set he has slicing the air like an arrow.!!
His motor is very stright up and down also. I would say it looks like his prop shaft is exactly one bump past apsalute nutral. Once your running the right fuel mix and a little smaller prop like Shook,Glen, and some other super fast guys just concentrate on running with a little higher stern set with less trim to get you up and you should easaly be in the high teens. Shook ran a 29 Mazco for his WR run in his bassboat with a stock Drag. I think I remeber Shook saying when asked about his prop shaft hight he said it was to the moon. So im sure it was a little more than 1/4 above.:big grin
i appreciate the help, i'll take a look at the vids and sort it out, i'm sure now w/ the engine richness issues sorted out the boat will run way over 110, just hard to get the ideal conditions to do it

Brabender

Probationary User
Any mention of temps would be interesting
I know in the northeast the big numbers are posted in the
fall:big grin I would see 2-3 mph difference when it was
nice and chilly

Earl D Collins

Probationary User
I have an XR 2002 running a 2.5 260 with 15 inch mid 2 to 1 200 case , just got a new prop from Todd at Hydromotive it,s 13 3/4 by 30 , anyone have any suggestions on the best set-up for top end , I have a 6 inch setback , ran it today with the prop shaft set even with pad , ran 108 on gps ,rpm was around 7800, I raised it 1/2 inch going to try it again tomorrow , do you think the added height is going to increase my rpm,s to where they need to be ? thanks in advance guys ! DeWayne

patches

Yes the added height will add rpm's but I would be real hesitant to make a move that big(1/2") when your above the bottom. 1/4" increments would be better. I would try 1/4 above first, especially if your prop really is a 13.75 diameter