X-ob

xb03fs

Anyone ever try one with a slighly trimmed flair ring..I love the 26 I just bought makes me feel like I am in my 2003 again when going straight, the accell is that good.. still working on motor height and just wanting it to plant its *** in turns more and not feel like its sliding..

other thoughs I have had is maybe its the skid planer?

Maybe I am too high? I doubt it because I came up a quarter inch and gained 3 mph...

I know it needs more height going straight just curious looking for anyone elses experiences..

Only been out 3 times in the new boat so I know I don't have a lot of seattime just trying to gather information

I have only burned about 85 gallons of gas so thats the amount of seatime...

One tank with a 26 OT
one tank with a 24 Xot
and about half a tank with the 26XOB...I love this prop going staright just trying to make it feel like the OT and X-OT in turns...

reward69

Yeah that was the thing I had to get used to with mine. My bravo xs handles curves with a lot more confidence. I've taken some pretty sharp corners with the bravo and it just sticks without sliding I wish I could find a prop at handles rough water and runs like the hydro and handles curves and lifts the bow at slower speeds like the bravo.

xb03fs

I wonder If having the lighter 2.5 with 20 lb hnr light cowling and ecu in the boat escalates what I am feeling... I think this prop can be the one if some stern lift can be removed.... Maybe half as much flair ring or maybe 3/4a even...

xb03fs

I have the one that sticks out past the transom. Going straight I could trim till it got flighty and loses mph instead of gaining

allimax

Only been out 3 times in the new boat so I know I don't have a lot of seattime just trying to gather information

I have only burned about 85 gallons of gas so thats the amount of seatime...
I need a bigger lake, I only average about 10 gallons for a weekend. 3 trips and $400 in fuel, ouch! Like the 26 O/T by the way but still playing to get it to not rev so much when she pops over.

GotMyAlly

I have the one that sticks out past the transom. Going straight I could trim till it got flighty and loses mph instead of gaining
Does it stick out about 5" past the transom? If so it's about 20" long. When I had that one on my first XB21, I cut about 5" off, making it flush with the transom.

xb03fs

You think the way the XOB lifts versus the OT props lift is what brings the skid planer into the equation..