wizards vs reynolds pistons ?

Myron

I know about high RPM I am talking about a 7500 lake motor

RBT

I have never had a pin failure, or even a loose one for that matter.

RBT

When they need it, collapse before pin problems. Both lake and race. One of my guys put 7200 dollars in gas through his 260 in ONE season.... No problem.

whipper

My pistons are side pinned stock Merc. Run over 7000 all the time. {Knock on wood} for many, many years now.

Im no expert at all. But< my believe is that high compression+high like 8500+ rpm = Heat and fatigue. One burp in the ratio and blamo side or top pinned. If the top pinned are welded its hit and miss as with any weld i've ever seen.

Good oil and gas and watch temps is the key I figure. Temps and mixture play a key role in longevity. if your running super tight heads 30cc or less with a lean mix over 8500 rpm all the time those guys don't expect mega hours before a redo.

130-140 lbs, 8000 or less rpm a little extra oil in GOOD gas with NORMAL operating temps = long life.

Before horse power was not in horses try running your horse with a load on a lean diet and see how far you go before the horse collapses. Compared to the well fed horse at less hoofs per sec.:big grin My grandpa told me that one.:gasp Horse power has always been {horse} power. The more ya got the more feed they need.

Myron

I must be super unlucky, I have had pins come out of stock 225 pro max pistons, stock merc Hi Perf 280 side pin, and now a ring eat thru a Wizzard. I also have about 36 pistons that all of the pins are loose in. But that is my luck, I was the very first to pop a 225 pro max when they came out, I was running at 4500 and stuck a piston, that is when the recall came about on the boxes,

h2oskiier30

I must be super unlucky, I have had pins come out of stock 225 pro max pistons, stock merc Hi Perf 280 side pin, and now a ring eat thru a Wizzard. I also have about 36 pistons that all of the pins are loose in. But that is my luck, I was the very first to pop a 225 pro max when they came out, I was running at 4500 and stuck a piston, that is when the recall came about on the boxes,
Stay away from my boat, pal. :LMAO:

Myron

I here you, the funny thing is I have 1995 200 that has I could not even guess how many hours on, it has never been apart except to put reeds in it, it runs like a rocket never misses

whipper

I here you, the funny thing is I have 1995 200 that has I could not even guess how many hours on, it has never been apart except to put reeds in it, it runs like a rocket never misses
There ya go the more motors ya have you decrease your odds.:wink

I have no clue other than Mark Hardin did a fantastic job of the rebuild back in 05. AND maybe a little lucky this time? I like to think its because my motor and I know each other well. As your 200 I couldn't even guess on the hours of my 225pm. i actually thought last season she was going to be it? I figured my wife would allow a new motor if mine blew up.:razz Didn't happen...yet:beer:

SLOmofo

Ghoul more likely.

Pick one.

Definition of GHOUL

1: a legendary evil being that robs graves and feeds on corpses

2: one suggestive of a ghoul; especially : one who shows morbid interest in things considered shocking or repulsive