What do you drag your Allison with?

LakeAnna

It's cold and boring so I thought I would post this up... A 72 I have been working on with the hope of making it to a GoodGuys show this summer.

Neat Truck! It's kinda like an Allison in that you spend lots of money and well you know the rest.

Pulling this thing....

Last edited:

aeneas

Nice ride!

My red SS-2000 is launched with this matching vehicle (except now with a chrome grill and wider flares):

LakeAnna

Don't you have a big boat? I thought I read some post....

My sister has a Jeep and she is PURE trouble in that damn thing.

I have some pics from Nags Head down at the inlet.... Jeeps are the only thing that will make the trip down the shore without a pull.
My buddy has a cj5 like a 80's model that we tossed the idea around about doing it frame off.

You think a smallblock would help it? LOL

Last edited:

LakeAnna

Post yours up! I had the John Deere hooked to the boat last week.... worked fine.

GotMyAlly

Cool old truck!

I pull mine with a hemi of course.

And I've had 5 or 6 jeeps. They can be a lot of fun, and maybe a more expensive addiction than boats. Never pulled my 21 with one, but did pull my XB03 with my jeeps a little. But mine were usually more set up for offroad than daily driving/tow duty.

Attachments

LakeAnna

New Hemi? I can not afford that kinda truck. My friend Scott has a new one and man it is nice with a TON of power.

xb03fs

2002 Chevy Trailblazer...hoping it will do ok with the 21...I am sure once I get it home it will be fine the haul to to and from Virginia seems daunting though

2003225X

07 Jeep Grand Cherokee with a 5.7 Hemi. It will pass anything but a gas station! Lol

njj502

Fenway, any probs with your Jeep? We had a 2012 with the 20" wheels and it had a vibration from moment go. Jeep finally bought it back after 9000 miles and let us order a new one. That's the pic I posted up.

bassracr

you might be a redneck if..............

hey lake anna..very nice truck..that sure would look good infront of my petty blue bass boat..wanna trade that for a toyota sequoia? :very happy

GotMyAlly

Insurance bought me that one after somebody else totalled my '08 with a run-away trailer.

My '08 was 345HP. The '11 is 390HP. Surprisingly, the '08 felt stouter, but mainly due to 3.92 gears. Got 3.55s in the '11 due to slim pickens at the end of the model year (saved a ton by buying a leftover '11 vs a just arrived on the lot '12 though). I also had a bully dog on the '08. Need to do the same to this one.

xb03fs

On the plus side the big boat has brakes on both axels versus no brakes at all so it should stop better.

I am sure it will tow well as long as the tranny holds up. Its just got some miles on it..but I am tapped out. No new tow vehicle for a while

fenwayfear

Fenway, any probs with your Jeep? We had a 2012 with the 20" wheels and it had a vibration from moment go. Jeep finally bought it back after 9000 miles and let us order a new one. That's the pic I posted up.
It is my first Jeep product. No problems so far @4k on the odo. The Hemi did suck the fuel up at first, after around 2k it does get a little better mileage but not much. 17/18 mpg in my travels, but it is a hemi right:very happy!

Glad Jeep stood by there product.

njj502

Yes they did and honestly it wasn't a big of battle as it could have been. Finally I got pissed off and dropped the "safety & death" word in a conversation with the rep & district manager, three days later they offered the buy back. They did us good, gave us sticker vs sticker and didn't charge us for milage or wear & tear. Very stand up of them.

Note - both were V6's.