TK-7 Fuel Additive

TBuck2003

TK-7

Lane ,
And all others concerned the distributor for the tk-7 is located about 5 miles from the shop and is coming in to talk with us tomorrow.We will run some tests on all sorts of motors four stroke two stroke and some really hi-po panda,if all goes well Hydromotive will be a Distributor for this product and will be ready to ship to you and everybody else thats interested.I will keep you posted on the progress on the testing.Take care
Todd

Lane

Thanks Todd
By the way the prop looks great but I couldn't find the vent plugs no big deal probably won't need em LiL-WineO says Hi

jimmyb

http://www.pitstopmarine.com//product_info.php?cPath=13_32&products_id=514&osCsid=bf46e6bf6feb1c7e38efc0e5d48e4be2

honestly, i am skeptical...

1 oz for 6 gallons of gas???? that aint much, and if it was so good, why wouldnt big gas companies use it (especially since it only requires an ounce per 6 gal)? In my mind there is NO WAY that 1/6 of an ounce of special additive is going to change one gallon of gas 7+ octane!!!

"octane effect" also scares me cause that means it really doesnt change the octane...

kinda reminds me of the slick50 claims... can you say "snake oil"?

Yellowallison

Jimmy sue!! I agree with yu its hard to think 1 ounce of over the shelf product can raise it 7 notches.

Myself I always just pour the whole can and forget ounces- richen up the box and hold oN!

For lake playing I've run mostly played around with the different Klotz additives.. Kozoc and Nitro!

But for drag racing.. I've used and know of stuff that is being used that about 1 ounce of will make GAS thinks its an ATOMIC bomb!

Makes a motor think itz on CRACK!

EX.. we put 2 ounces of some SECRET stuff in my OMC last yr and when I stabbed the gas .. it lanched and went about 75 yrds and BOOM - BIG FIRE.... this stuff was so hot it blew the pockets of the heads out! that no exaggerating - BS! :p :p :p

There is some Powerfull secret additives out there that people are using! :p

TBuck2003

TK-7

Jimmyb,
I know exactly what you are being skeptical about,truthfully so am I. I did find out though the true increase in octane as a 2 cycle burns this stuff is about 4-4.5 pts increase.Pre detonation is the main concern for everyone running compression sensitive motors,and the real scary thing especially up north (OHIO) is they do not regulate or mandate testing at the pumps for octane grades.With the gas situation being what it is,that is why I am looking in to it.If I paid for 93 and got 87-88 that is what would be worth it for me.I also found out it has some incredible lubricity value for cylinder wall maintenance.Again all yet to be seen but we will first try it in a supercharged motor on panda gas,that we know pings more than a drum player on panda gas.We will put this product to the test,and keep you posted,by the way some pretty knowledgable people are running this product on 175-185 psi on pump gas and have had no issues at all.I still question this thats why we are going to play with it first in some other motors and see what happens.
Todd

J

John Richied

I too am a fan of Klotz… The last few years I have been running Klotz HiTrate (KL-451), it’s a one-gallon concentrate you mix with 9 gallons of 92 octane to make 10 gallons of 103-105 octane.

The nice thing about it is if you carry five gallons of the Klotz concentrate with you, you are good for 50 gallons without carrying several five gallon cans of race fuel around.

TBuck2003

TK-7

Update,
Met with the owner yesterday and did some real experimentation.First test was a HOT F-150 Lightning supercharged,with mods.On 93 gas you will receive cackling when in overdrive upon slow acceleration into boost everytime. Result no pinging at all, and a slight increase in performance.Put it in a Honda Civic si that must run 93 octane and used 2ozs per 12 gallons . Filled it up with 87 pisswater (still have oxygenated fuel here in Ohio for wintertime) and the car responded flawlessly.No pinging or cackling. The most impressive stat so far is the lubricity quality that it brings to the equation for cylinder wall wear.I would not of believed it myself but so far I am Optimistically cautious. Next test will be on a high compression 2 stroke 165-175lbs on regular premium to see what happens in that arena.Even if you are not running high compression the cleaning qualities for jets or injectors is second to none based off what I have seen so far.Plus once it is in your tank no need to add Stabil if you have to winterize motor.Fuel is fresh first day of spring.All for now keep you guys posted.More indepth results to come!!!

Todd

Bill Kemp

i have been running the tk7scf for almost two years cannot say that i gained any real preformance from it but i did have to rejet my motor due to the egt rising above a comfortable level. the gas does not go stale as fast and the carbs do not varnish up at all. my motor is not a race engine but has been hopped up compression is only at 150psi. i have used it in my super charged dodge ram 5.2 motor and a super charged 5.0 ford motor with very good results

TBuck2003

TK-7

Lane,
Final test will be this weekend with some 165-175 lbs compression heads,running on premium pump gas.I met with the refinery (blender) again and the product is now called Aces 2IV S . This product has superceded the TK-7 with a different blend for todays fuels aka ( pisswater) This particular formula was made for the military for gas and diesel engines.One product for gas one for diesel.They have released this new product to the general public this month.We have run this formula thru approx 60 gallons of fuel and so far so excellent.I have a friend with a pro street car 73 Duster with a 383 at about 11.5:1 compression who runs race gas at 5.00 something a gallon.He is going to make some passes without product first 3-4 runs , and then re-fill 12 gallon fuel cell with 2oz of Aces 4 stroke formula. Results should be interesting.Even if their is no better times on the track, we are looking for no pre-detonation and a fuel savings of about 2.00 to 2.50 a gallon. 1 gallon of product is good for 768 gallons of fuel.By the way when we took off heads the cylinder walls looked great,and well coated.Be back monday for results on the 2 stroke formula with regular pump gas and high compression.Later Todd

TBuck2003

Aces2 IV S

Allright,
The weather got the best of me,so I headed out yesterday after work and went to the lake.The importance of this trip was to see if motor would live on 165 psi of compression on regular premium fuel.Needless to say this scared the bejesus out of me,especially after being down most of last year.After some warm up laps,reading gauges and etc... we let er rip for the first time this year. At about a 60 second pull at wot it remained alive,and felt real strong.After some more dialing in we then proceeded to abuse it a little bit more for a longer and harder top end run, IT LIVED.The timing was backed off 1 degree to be on the safe side.After a plug check, we ran another compression test to see if all was ok and it was.To be completely fair I cannot say anything about performance gains,because the hot heads was the real difference maker in this test,but point being the motor lived to see another day,and that is what I am looking for.I never test anything when I change two things at once but this was more than just performance gaining data it was can the motor survive psi levels that would not work on pump gas , and the answer so far is YES!!! Will be doing some more testing soon so if this is not boring to you guys I will keep filling you in.Going to pull heads off and see how everything looks internally,keep you posted.Later

Todd

hack02

Could you hear it rattleing or pinging or anything like that at part throttle with the tight heads and premium gas? Part throttle under a load. Keep the updates coming.

Lane

Todd
You have balls that clank, trying it on a fresh motor like that. Keep the info coming, I have the same interest in it as you do and want to know as much as possible.

TBuck2003

Aces 2IVS

Hack,
Great point as part of the test we limited rpms as a gauge, to represent a load.Without trimming it up and pushing the peddle down this represents the greatest scenario for pre-detonation.Rpms will help prevent pre-detonation by lowering torque.Same as a car if you are climbing a hill with a load on the back(boat) and you do not down shift this will be an ideal time for pinging and knocking. So the answer is no pinging or knocking(besides my knees). Cylinders look wet and well lubricated. Will do more as far as performance gains when I get more baseline stats.Lane, my clankers still wont drive over Gilligans boat wake!!!!!!!!!!! Later Todd