Test results from the Rally??? PCU and SVS?

XXXrunninYYY

Well wasn't quite everybody the plasma screen broke down and we had to use a 13" TV but the WAR 2005 video was played by popular demand .

No apologies necessary for arse whoopins , Rugrat has the DVD almost finished and then anybody can have one .

J

John Richied

How impressive is it that an XR-2001 with a 350 plus prop horsepower Merc beat an XB-2002 with a 225?

Lou, I’m a curio, where do you think your XB-2003 with the 280 would have been in that DVD? Oh that’s right it was on the trailer... hehehe

It’s cool, I lost and I should have… think about what I ran against. A machine with around 4 lbs. to 1 horsepower and I am around 6 lbs. to 1 horsepower.

Take that fishin boat off the trailer and nut up… unless you’re scared.

lou, Best of luck to you on your Tournament Trail! You are the man… :wink:

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Personally, I am grateful that Randy and Tony came all that way to the rally to make the changes and do some experiments. They were not paid to do so, and I'm sure Tony B wasn't out there working in the dark via braille for his personal enjoyment.

The initial deriding comments both in realtime and on this thread mainly have to do with the 89 mph baseline speed. While there is no doubt in my mind that the boat was capable of more speed than that, in its current configuration and with the set of driving skills present, 89 was the published spec. This was never claimed as the "maximum speed" of that boat! It was a baseline with the prop as indicated, the driver as indicated, the reading from the boat's gauges as indicated, and the propshaft height as set.

None of the above were changed, to avoid the inclusion of any differential variables into the testing. It was a simple "ON/OFF" test of the SVS and PCU versus the stock setup.

From some of the responses both here and in the parking lot, you'd think Ptolemy's model of the solar system was being called into question in front of the archbishops by Copernicus.

Have we gotten to the point where "This is the way it's always been done" and there's no room for anything different? Is that way of thinking in the tradition of Paul and Darris Allison?

IS the bassracer capable of higher speeds than 89 with a stock 225? Absolutely! But on that day, with the controls of the experiment in place, the Brucato system was the variable that was changed, so the changes from that one variable could be quantified.

RedAllison

lmfao @ fire... :lol:

Copernicus, Ptolemy... leave it too LLDoggg to bring them into a discussion about a damned ol' bassboat!

It's as much fun talkin and boosheutin about it now as it was in the parkin lot each night lastweek. Thanks again to GPI, Brucato, Hoss and Hydromotive for ALL their work done for all of us lastweek! :wink:

We're ALL family,
RA

Yellowallison

YU boyz are all MIstaken.........

the reason WhY Gilmore ALlison BASSSRaCER AKA "BeerTrUCK" went from running a blistering 89 milesPEr HouR to screaming 95 aintz Gotz Nuthin To WiTh the TONY- B's PCU ,,, SvS or GPI's PEANUT BUTTER PIE 14TH EDITION 2nd Cut - ran 126 on the STV HOSS PROP..........

The only thing tha KINGOFSPEED and TONY-B did to GiMORE Allison(beeR TrUCK) to gain 5 mphour was EMpTy out the cooler!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YEP- so there YU Have BOYz........... and If be need anymo SpEED serets.. Feel free to Jus Call 1-GPI-Yeallr

GET R DUNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Yellowallison

Are you brain damaged? Naw.. cuz I got sense enuff to know that when yu run 140 in a boat-- Yu climb yur arzz in a CApsule Boat! unless yu want become a Vegatable for Grand Ma's soup...

Randy?? ... Remener.. WEe just Having FUN! Yuy Yankee boyzz too Up TIGHT!

GET R DUNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!

GPI Racing

OK fine....but your typing is getting harder for me to read :shock: . I don't want to say it but I am not up on the local speak as you write it. Must be the distance and all.....Behave or I'll have to come down there and show you how to drive that yellow thing....nice color by the way!

Randy

S

Scott Gilmore

I'm confused ??

:? You know............it would have been WAY EAISER for me to lie (like 95% of all boaters do)& say 100 baseline & 106 with the SVS/PCU !! Once again before & after the test I didn't see ONE OTHER ALLISON in 3 days of boating for hours & hours doing over 100mph ANYWHERE !! The only 100+ boats I saw all week were 2 Venoms 2 Triad V-21s & 1 STV River Rocket. Scott :D

RedAllison

Gillie if you didn't see anyother boats but yous guy's (we say YALL but that was for Randy :lol: ) run over 100 then you weren't with the rest of us. I know Jeffro's boat ran allover 103 and that aint empty and his motor is only on her 2nd week now! I didn't ask, but I can't imagine Bryan Welch's boat NOT running well over 100 likewise, he only knows two speeds, on the trailer and WAFO. Todd2002 was running over 100 in his 2002/2.5 as well, because he was complaining to Thom Bucknall about the 15mph he would loose when all his fishing equipment, partner and full livewell was added. Bobby's red SS2000/2.5 with silly gas CERTAINLY ran over 100, he was doin that when he beat that white 'stream. There were several others there as well that are capable of 100+ runs without barely so much as a sweat. I'm sure you'll have that beauty of yours running north of 100 in no time! (ALL speeds given were via GPS btw)

Peace out, :wink:
RA

S

Scott Gilmore

RA, OH I'm sure there were quite a few capable of doing over 100, I'm just saying sometimes it's not all that easy in all the chop/slop to rip off those big #s. Scott :D

badbait

Well it's this simple, it doesn't matter what prop you have on and what your set back is. If you run and come up with 94 mph and change two thing and gain 5 or 6 mph. Do those changes work as advertised. The answer seems pretty clear to me. Yesssss
The way the test was run is the fairest way it could be run. If they had run a different prop for the base line and final test would the results been different. In my opinion know. Forget the 89 mph that Scott ran. The base line was established by Randy at 94. He then connected everything and the speed increased 5 mph. Then disconnected everything and lost the 5 mph. He changed it back and forth 3 or four times with the same result. Is there more speed to be had? Yes, but that's another test altogether.

hack02

Up in the TN mountains-high altitude-in the middle of summer isn't the easiest place to put up big numbers / speed or horsepower. Alot of motors feel a little soft in conditions like that. Thanks GPI and Brucato for being at the rally. It really added to the event.

Yellowallison

Alright.. Who and Whatz NexT we gunna talk about ???

we'zza Done run this 89mph Armadella in a hole..! :p :p :p

Thanks GPI and Brucato for being at the rally. Yall added some goos spices of FUN to the Rally Soup!

GET R DUN~!!!!!!!! :p :p