Test results from the Rally??? PCU and SVS?

J

John Richied

Is anyone at the Rally on-line?

What kind of test results did Scott’s XB-02 have with the PCU and SVS?

How about Bob’s XB-03 with the PCU and SVS?

Anyone who ran the Titus modified Sportmaster or Hoss props?

GeoL

Online at rally

Yeah, where is the news and foto's ????
Merc225 should be up.
What is happening ??
How's the weather ???
How's the lumber in the water ??
have fun,
geo

J

John Richied

Re: Online at rally

GeoL said:
Yeah,
How's the lumber in the water ??
geo
8) C H I T! Was that a 4x4 or a 2x4 8) I don't know but the skegs GONE! :mrgreen:

GeoL

Rally

I can't believe the stones these guys have going that fast with so much debris in the water, monster trees etc.
In 2002 I recall going over something big but it cleared the lower unit and prop. Scarey.
Come on guys, where are the pics ???
geo

J

John Richied

I know what ya mean in 2003 at one lake the water looked like a frickin minefield… It didn’t matter, WIDE-OPEN THROTTLE! There was some damage including a gearcase that exploded on impact…

I think maybe they are making us suffer with no replies and no pictures for not making the rally.

Either that or they are too drunk to sign on-line… Is that possible, hell yeah! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

XSive

Did someone drop a pin?

Boy It's so quite around here I figured I'd come out of lurking and post something. Hope evryone is having a great time at the rally, wish I was there.

Looking forward to seeing some info.

lightening rod

We are having a great time at the rally and ya'll are exaggerating about the debris in the water, I promise I have seen it a lot worse than it has ever been at any of the rallies. No rain this week, so not hardly anything floating.

The SVS test went pretty well, I beleive they saw an RPM increase of about 450 RPM and gained about 4 mph on top, with a better midrange and was still pulling up to a higher RPM.

Time to go set up for the expo,
Chris

J

John Richied

Thanks for the report Chris…

You all have a kick arse time and report back when ya can!

Blue Gray in PA

Sorry no one got back to you guys but it's been so much fun here and we're all so busy, no one's taking time to go online. The weather is great and I have seen very little debris on Douglas or Cherokee. Sorry I can't help with the testing info cause I wasn't hanging around when they ran. Sorry for those of you who couldn't be here but this is our first and definitely not the last Rally.

J

John Richied

ALLISONMAN said:
well base line for the bassracer 225 was 89mph!
LOL Bryan, There is something wrong with your information. :wink: You are kidding, right?

That’s great you all had kickin time and great weather!

RedAllison

Nope Pinkie, Bryan AINT cornfuzed. The initial baseline used was 89mph (GPS). I think YA summed it up best Wednesday night in the parking lot while the boat and hardware were being revealed... a coughing "Boosheut" was heard from his general vicinity. The general consensus is that any BassRacer with a 225SS should be running 100-105 in bonestock form and with the mods if they did anything (and there's no reason to believe that they wouldn't) should've yielded about the same result that was found, a gain of 450 RPM and 4mph. With such a low initial speed you know the gearcase must've been about a foot under the pad! :p

One thing about Gilmore's boat, that sumbeech is BEAUTYMOUS. It really is a GREAT looking rig with all the yellow trim and it has the sport console with side by side seating front and rear. It really is a useable "azzhauler". I have some pics of it that I will get up soon.

:?
RA

ALLISONMAN

YEP 89MPH!!!! all I can say is something is wrong with that picture!!! I would like to have the boat for a week or two and see what I could get out of the rig!!! i have seen 106 in a 2002 with 225 supoermag but it had a nice xr-6 gearcase on it!!!! sure would have been nice to really see that bassracer stroll on down the lake but maybe the motor was weak or something????

TonyB

The boat ended up running 101 MPH with the SVS and PCU.
I'll let somebody else report on the test though. I might be considered prejudiced.

Yellowallison

TONYB.......

Thanks for coming to the rally and doing all you did....

Your a class act!~! :D :D :D

Glad we figured out WHO the daddy iz to your 03 is .. ME- ! that was so funny how we figuered that out... it was good seeing my ole baby Girl again... and telling stories about her life... Glad she got a good home.. :lol: Call me anytime if you need help with something on her....

You know ... ... we just POKIN fun at Gilmore/GPI on the PCU/SVS 89 mph deal! which we can - since it will be thursday-friday before they make it back home and can reply.... :mrgreen:

WOW WHAT AN AWESOME RALLY THAT WUZ-- I say it AGAIN!

ALLISONMAN

WELL 101 IS LITTLE MORE RESPECTABLE THAN THE 89MPH EVERYONE HEARD WED NIGHT!!!! AND ALL I HEARD WAS 4-5 MPH GAIN AND LIKE 450-500 RPMS AND THAT ACCELARATION WAS BETTER SO I JUST ADDED THE 4-5 MPH TO THE 89MOH THAT WAS GIVIN AS A BASELINE START!!!! MAYBRE RANDY WILL COME AND COMMENT ON THIS BETTER!!!

GPI Racing

Hey yellowally,

Remember the meter that seems to follow you around, :lol: you are pegging the guage pretty hard.

For the rest,

The test on the 225 was pretty interesting to say the least. The boat would run a base line 94 (on the boats guages)at 6500 with a 31 spinelli 4 blade. Sportmaster case and we left all that alone as to not mask any gains or loses. While I know there is more in set up etc., that was not the point of this test. I, truthfully, expected less of a result. But since I drove it here it goes. With the SVS hooked up the boat would run 450 rpm more and the biggest change was the way it pulled to top rpm. Unhooking it felt like a plug was fouled. The increased RPM gave the boat 5 MPH on the big end but the midrange was so much better I'd do it just for that. The best I ran was 101 on the Gaffrig but for the most part it was 5ish mph. The motor had a PCU for fuel control and the manners that gave the motor were very noticeable. Just adding the pcu and not changing any set up would not show much of an advantage as the prop wouldn't run past the limit on the stock box anyhow. With the SVS we did run right up at 7000.

All in all it was easy to tell the difference in the short little bay we were driving in. I was impressed on the difference as it had more gain than I thought it would.

Yellowally, keep the meter in check.. :wink:

TonyB

chad202 said:
So a SVS on a bone stock 225 promax gained 5mph and 450 rpm????
No, it didn't gain 450 with a stock 225. It had the PCU on it too.
It would have been limited to the 6750 RPM of the stock ECU otherwise.

We determined that the SVS was responsible for the 450 RPM because by disabling the slide, we would lose that much RPM.