Tail stand?

champ198

I've seen some photos of some of your boats that look like they're doing a wheelie or tail stand. They are XB2002s. Can a XB21 do that?

xb03fs

?hmmmmmmmmm sounds like fun, what about a xb2003?

GotMyAlly

From a dead stop or at speed?

I've seen Kurt stand a Stroker on its tail at what looked like 80-90 MPH. They don't have a lip on the pad and I attribute it to that, but I wouldn't want to try to stand my 21 or any Allison up like that at those speeds.

On holeshot, those lighter boats like the 02 are just going to launch harder than the 21's. Propped for holeshot they'll dang near jump out of the water. Launch with the motor level instead of tucked with a lower pitch than you normally run and that's about as close as you'll get to that affect in a heavy boat.

whipper

Like this.:big grin Ive had it so high that I thought I was goinging over a few times. i stoped doing this because I dont think it can be good for the gearcase and mounts?

You just sink the motor a bit and trim her up quite a bit then goose it. Just make sure no ones in front of you first because ya cant see were your going very good. At just the right trim and engine depth you can get going pretty fast!!

Last edited:

catfish123

Other than "show-boating".......no pun intended, is there any real purpose to doing this?...............LOL

Alli-drenaline Rush

Jr in Jax

When mine was brand new, I have stood mine straight up going into the wind with 4 Teens in the back seat using a 24" OTH Trophy prop. Their heads were below the water line in the rear. I had a friend shoot some videos and I had them on a long dead computer, never realizing I might want them some day. We also did some great bat-turns too.

champ198

I have only seen pics so I was wondering if it was some type of powered holeshot where you just shot straight out instead of breakover.

Jr in Jax

The best tailstand is with a low pitch prop, the jackplate buried and lots of weight in the rear. I use a lot of trim and always go into the wind. Gusting winds can make you very nervous. Once the boat is straight up, you have to be very gentle with throttle changes either plus or minus. Straight up is really hard on the front Allison seat bases. I have broken the driver's seat a couple of times and ripped the pedestal out of the fiberglass on the front passenger seat [aluminum plate and all]. The bat turns are hard on them too.