Race Fuel sticker shock

Dave Hensley

At $9.25/gallon it makes you re-think having toys around that require race fuel. I was buying 108 last year for my ATV for $6.90/gallon. No longer avalable. Now 114 is the only thing available close by and it is $9.25 plus the drive. I mix with 93 pure gas pump but it is $4.20/gallon now. Starting to be a real hassle. Getting rid of the hot rod, 26cc head outboards and the hot rod ATV is looking more attractive all the time. It sounds silly but it is just another hassle that goes along with getting them out to use them that promotes them sitting in the shop all the time.

LakeAnna

I remember when the 110 purple stuff (or blue) was a bargain at 4.25.... My how times have changed.
100 bucks and you where good for the weekend and now you can't get out the drive for that.

randybob

you can blame that on the pieces of sh!% running this country reg. gas then was $1.83 and race gas was $3.75 our grand children will not be able to have the things that were avabile to us sorry just bitching !!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave Hensley

I agree on Av gas. What I have understood about it is that is very dry, some alcohol, to prevent carb icing. In a two stroke mixed with good oil and cut with 93 no ethanol my thought process says it should work. I have seen it discussed on other forums and inevitably some Petroleum Chem E wades in and it gets to be a discussion on who knows more about the the molecular structure of hydro carbons. I dodged organic chemistry in school so that turns me off.

michael lang

I ran av for 15 years with klotz oil never had a problem plus av has a long shelf life.use to pay 1.90 a gallon.that's why I'm putting the 200 power head on and leaving the 2.5 on the stand

SLOmofo

you can blame that on the pieces of sh!% running this country reg. gas then was $1.83 and race gas was $3.75 our grand children will not be able to have the things that were avabile to us sorry just bitching !!!!!!!!!!!!
That's the plan. Make it $$$ to run anything fun. Then people sell them. Then you won't need a truck to pull the fun things either!

Cheepy 87 is over $4.00 here now even before the normal summer rise in $$$.

randybob

whats loosing the last lead processing going to do to the price of av gas and everything
related ammo,batterys my understanding is all has to come from other countrys

Dave Hensley

I ran av for 15 years with klotz oil never had a problem plus av has a long shelf life.use to pay 1.90 a gallon.that's why I'm putting the 200 power head on and leaving the 2.5 on the stand
Amen to that. Replacing my performance stuff with 2.5 production EFI. The number of times a year I can stretch one out is not worth the time and trouble. The prime objective should be to get to the lake and have fun.

SLOmofo

whats loosing the last lead processing going to do to the price of av gas and everything
related ammo,batterys my understanding is all has to come from other countrys
So, the US who controls emissions through regulation, regulates that relatively clean business out of business. Then countries that don't regulate emissions produce products and materials which pollute more. Then they in turn sell US those clean products and materials.

Makes perfuct sense! (spelling intentional)

The Klau mercury mine is above Nacimento lake water runs through the mine area and to the lake. Has since before the WW. The powers that be put notices up in early summer not to eat fish from the lake because of the mercury, after the White Bass spawn.

GotMyAlly

So, the US who controls emissions through regulation, regulates that relatively clean business out of business. Then countries that don't regulate emissions produce products and materials which pollute more. Then they in turn sell US those clean products and materials.
Then those powers that be will turn around in a couple of years and go for banning the importation too..........then we're double-screwed. :beating dead horse

whipper

There was a program on the radio a few weeks ago talking about gas and oil prices and why they artificially charge 3 times what it worth at the pump. This {expert} says there is way less oil than everyone had been lead to believe in the ground. The world supply may only last another 10 years. So oil companies are trying to make there trillions of the backs of the population so they can walk away soon. there has been a big push for alternate power sources for a couple years thats really ramping up in the last 6 months. Ballard powers fuel cells and plug powers stocks have started to sky rocket like they did 20 years ago again.

This guys figures reg gas will be $20 a gal in the next 10 years. Warm climate urban centers will look more like china with everyone riding bicycles and motor bikes and unemployed because there will be very few places to work. Everyone who lives in the north will move to the south to avoid driving. That part I like!! Its pretty bleak sounding but were paying $7 a gal up hear all ready when crude is only 100 a barrel. Its cost more like $20 a barrel but the market price is 100. If it cant be fixed over the phone then it wont exist. Outsourcing work to countries were they can pay someone $10 a day that takes a buss to work or rides a bike is already happening.

Sorry big rant also. Need a Tulsa and GSXR with a outboard made by ballard and solar powered house :big grin

90 5.0

I've heard we have enough oil for a couple hundred more years, I think the biggest issue might be allowing drilling in some of those areas however.