Question for TBuck

JWW8

TBuck,

I ordered a Hydromotive 29P XOB about a year ago for my Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro with a 250 Pro XS (coned TM LU, 1:75 gears). It runs good but does not handle as well as my 28P Bravo 1 XS. I am hitting the limiter with the Bravo so I believe the 29P is the right size. Just wondering if anything can be done to the XOB to improve the handling. It has the extra ring welded on the barrel so it is longer than the Bravo.

xb03fs

I had a 1/4" of the flare taken on one of my XOB and handling improved greatly, from way looser than a bravo to as good or better than the bravo but got to keep the extra m.p.h.'s. In the back of my mind I wonder 1/8" off would/could have been best of both worlds instead of going straight to removing a 1/4". Holeshot suffered a little so I had to have some cup added to get holeshot back to the similar but I would say holeshot is about 95% of full flare. I also have to run 2 solid plugs instead of all 8 open. Before the cup was added, I had to run 4 plugs and holeshot was probably down to 75% of full flare.

Handles as good as my 2003 did with a OT now though so I'm happy

Last edited: