Opinions please(Favorite prop cut for 02's)

Clarkb

Hey guys/gals,

Im just wondering what your preference in cut props is? I have an Allison 02 with a mild 225pm on it. I was running a cupped 29 mazco and loved it, until my prop shaft sheared and it sank to the bottom of the river. I then bought a stock 30 Mazco and first time out, its got a stress crack in the leading edge(this is the reason for the post). With the cupped 29 I had a lot of lift which I liked, and was able to hit the rev limiter by myself. It came out of the hole pretty good too with my trolling motor, extra battery, 150lbs son, and full tank of fuel. I didnt push the 30p because of my lower unit. I have a sport master on the way though. So, i need to send the prop off and have something done to it...but so i just have it repaired, cupped, off shore cut, allison cut.. i dont know.
I can buy a off shore cut Mazco for almost as much as getting this one cut.

Props Ive ran so far:
Real 27 Lightening ET: Ran too flat for what I liked but was a good training wheel for me
24 Yamaha Drag, Holy crap this thing will jerk your head when you mash the gas, launches like a jet boat
28 Cleaver: not enough bow lift
26 chopper cut to an off shore and it was a great running prop, I was just all over the rev limiter
29 Mazco w/ an off shore cut. Cut by the same person as the 26 but it doesnt lift or run anything like the 26. It even looks a little diff on the blades themselves.
28 chopper: decent lift and good pull power, but again all over the rev limiter (even semi loaded)
29 Mazco:Cupped and loved it, but I dont know what kind of cup was actually put on it.
29 SRX: Havent had it on the boat yet but looking to try it this weekend.
Stock 30 Mazco: This is the one I have to have cut/fixed/repaired

Obviously I like the taller props to cruise with. Im just trying to get some ideas on what others like for that good bow lift and opinions on what I should do with this 30? Do you think it may be stressed to bad to repair(meaning its going to crack again)? Its def a stress crack or faulty material because ther isnt a ding, nick or chip anywhere on the prop.

Clarkb

I've never heard if that. Do u have any pics u can post or elaborate on it any? Who cuts it? What prop is best to use for that cut?
Thanks

Bobalouie

You should see if you can get a Hoss Triton to try. Or a performance propeller Drag 3. Both are very good props that run well on my XB02.

TB21

Dont pass up the chance to try a Hoss hyperdrive , Hoss tritons are fast to but dont carry weight real good and they sling blades.

Bobalouie

Never heard of a Hoss T1 slinging anything, as far as I have ever heard they are bullet proof, and my Hoss T1 26P carries a full fishing load with full tank of gas plus my 300 lb butt to 99.8 mph.

procomp

Never heard of a Hoss T1 slinging anything, as far as I have ever heard they are bullet proof, and my Hoss T1 26P carries a full fishing load with full tank of gas plus my 300 lb butt to 99.8 mph.
That's a pretty good sales pitch right there :beer:

Jimxb02

First call Todd at Hydromotive and tell him what model Allison, motor and setup you have and what you want to do ( fish, race, or cruise ) .

Other props to try ----- Hoss hyperdrive 14.5 X 28 ; Drag3 14.5 X 30

Jim

LakeAnna

Clarkb, 29 SRX: Havent had it on the boat yet but looking to try it this weekend....

I would be willing to bet if that wheel is a good 14 1/4 true 29 your going to love it. I ran a 29 on my XR many (2.6 OMC) years ago and it was awesome. A good 28 or 30 drag 3 will run like heck too. As for a Triton I will have a new one here in a few days so I will let you know how it runs compared to all the others. I know after talking with Tim at Hoss he told me the new tritons are a little thicker/stronger than they used to be years ago. Thin ones roll but if you hit anything your in trouble.

xb03

Knob cut form Hydromotive is what I currently run. Hoss props run exceptionally well. I had a dah Mazco that was bad to the bone also!

allisonriverrat

I don't care which A-boat you got, the "Twinsburg cut" will beatm ALL! :big grin

What red was saying was hydromotive engineering. In twinsburg Ohio. Pound for pound these guys are the best period.. They run what we run and are very fast and their props are a step above .. You will not go wrong with their props... And their service and support is second to NONE.!!

ssv1761982

Super Moderator
Staff member
What red was saying was hydromotive engineering. In twinsburg Ohio. Pound for pound these guys are the best period.. They run what we run and are very fast and their props are a step above .. You will not go wrong with their props... And their service and support is second to NONE.!!
That makes it sound a lot better. Todd (at Hydromotive) did a Knob Cut chopper for my xb2003 that was awesome. My son won't give it back.
I need to pay the Hydromotive guys a visit myself since I have an XB2002 now. It seems to react a little different to props than the 03 did.

Clarkb

I've never ran one of these props. None of my Allison buddies in LR have either. I will keep an eye out for one tho. Got on their website an looked around. I don't really want to buy a new prop not knowing if I like it or not. I'll be watching the used market...

TBuck2003

I've never ran one of these props. None of my Allison buddies in LR have either. I will keep an eye out for one tho. Got on their website an looked around. I don't really want to buy a new prop not knowing if I like it or not. I'll be watching the used market...
Not obligated to keep prop if it does not work. And if you need a different pitch we will exchange it for you for the pitch you need. Bottom line you are stuck with nothing if it does not work. Just thought i would let ya know. Good Luck !!!!

fnshrmaster

Not obligated to keep prop if it does not work. And if you need a different pitch we will exchange it for you for the pitch you need. Bottom line you are stuck with nothing if it does not work. Just thought i would let ya know. Good Luck !!!!
That's a deal that can't be beat anywhere.

xb03fs

true statement. Just traded for a differerent pitch

Clarkb

I looked at the hydro site and done some reading on them. What do y'all like best for them? What's the price on those(new)? I'm trying to recoup a little from buying that sport master, new to me prop(that cracked on the first ride), so I had to send it off to get an offshore cut by Steve Smith. All I all, I will have 650 in a damn 30 Mazco... :-(