OK Guys!!!

badbait

John, this is what I'm proposing. It's not somthing everyone will want to do. Just trying to add another activity and something to add some interest. If anyone coming wants to participate all they need to have is a boat and a six pac. They drive there own boat with at least one gps in it and I will spot mph to the following.

175hp-------------------------------------------16 mph
200hp-------------------------------------------12 mph
225hp-------------------------------------------10 mph
280hp 20' boat----------------------------------2 mph
250 21' boat-------------------------------------8 mph
300 or 300x 21' boat----------------------------4 mph
2002 Comp hulls w/drags Lou's boat--------- -6
2002 Comp/modified 2.5 John's boat-------- -4
300XS on a 20' or less hull------------------- -4
I'm planning on winning and loosing some beer. Everybody that wants to take part in this must commit ahead of time. If I make a pass and you don't think you can beat it even with what you were spotted you can just forfeit your sixpac and not run. You will be able to make more than one pass and your highest number only will count for the bet. I don't mind making the first pass so that you can decide if you want to try and top it. If anyone thinks it's not fair what I've spotted let me know and I'll make the necessary changes case by case. You will need to sign up before the rally so that I know approximately how much beer to bring.

Badbait

Last edited:

badbait

That's a long way to come for a six pac. Love to have ya and would be happy to put in another class on your terms and donate a six pac. Just remember no shows are the same as forfeiting. You loose and I get the beer.

West Coast Bull

Forget all that ..Just line up under the I-5 bridge in Stockton and run to the Highway 4 in Antioch, first one under the bridge takes all the brew. Some will brake down, some will get lost (its a straight shot, that must be what the GPS is for ) and some will never make it past Lost Island. Now that would be WILD :argue

J

John Richied

John, this is what I'm proposing. It's not somthing everyone will want to do. Just trying to add another activity and something to add some interest. If anyone coming wants to participate all they need to have is a boat and a six pac. They drive there own boat with at least one gps in it and I will spot mph to the following.

175hp-------------------------------------------16 mph
200hp-------------------------------------------12 mph
225hp-------------------------------------------10 mph
280hp 20' boat----------------------------------2 mph
250 21' boat-------------------------------------8 mph
300 or 300x 21' boat----------------------------4 mph
2002 Comp hulls w/drags Lou's boat--------- -6
2002 Comp/modified 2.5 John's boat-------- -4
300XS on a 20' or less hull------------------- -4
I'm planning on winning and loosing some beer. Everybody that wants to take part in this must commit ahead of time. If I make a pass and you don't think you can beat it even with what you were spotted you can just forfeit your sixpac and not run. You will be able to make more than one pass and your highest number only will count for the bet. I don't mind making the first pass so that you can decide if you want to try and top it. If anyone thinks it's not fair what I've spotted let me know and I'll make the necessary changes case by case. You will need to sign up before the rally so that I know approximately how much beer to bring.

Badbait

Bill you are on ... Lets have some fun! :smile

ALLISONMAN

that does sound like a good challange!!!! yeah 60 lbs up front would be fine also i was just using lou boats since me and allychick are plan on being there but i will be boatless and figured someone would let me race while i am there!!! i just love driving fast!!!!!! but i dont enjoy riding fast!!!!!! lol

ALLISONCHICK

that does sound like a good challange!!!! yeah 60 lbs up front would be fine also i was just using lou boats since me and allychick are plan on being there but i will be boatless and figured someone would let me race while i am there!!! i just love driving fast!!!!!! but i dont enjoy riding fast!!!!!! lol
AINT THAT THE TRUTH!!! YOU OUGHT TO SEE HIM HITTING THE "AIR" BRAKES WHEN HE'S RIDING WITH ME!!

CAN A-CHICK GET IN ON THE RACIN?? I GOT 10 MONTHS TO PRACTICE...

A-MAN.... CAN I TAKE THE BOAT OUT THIS WEEKEND???

HEHE

badbait

Well, when I thought this up I was just thinking out loud of something more to do to raise the interest. A better thought may of been to use the classes we have setup for holeshot testing. You can just run against the people in your class only if you choose to partisapate. And for you that have showed a little interest in running me, your on. As far as Ally Chick I will spot her 20 mph for a sixpac. Guys and Gals in the end this is just for grins and giggles and yes also a sixpac that I will help you drink if I loose.

Last edited:
R

Redding XB21

The only problem that I have with this is that my ballast is in jeopardy:embarassed. If you guys remember who was the last one to Henry's place, I did have 2 passangers, plus a hat stop.
I don't know if I can wring out what Bill did, but I'm agonna try.:beer:
If we do the Stockton thingie I'll have at least 2 other, people how about spotting the barge 15-20 min? I don't know how it will run with a BIG load. I real found out how sensitive these boats are to weight placement this last weekend, I felt like I was "side hill-in":embarassed

ALLISONMAN

One More Thing This Is Only In Fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And A Little Bragging!!!!!!!!!!! Lol No Come On And Tell Me Bill Ya Coming To Jasper??????

cj707

"Trolling motor race is my next year lars you are going down."

Just call me the king Donny

cj707

"I was out on the Delta today by B&W and saw a nice new red with yellow pin xb 2002 /200xs. anyone know who it was? "

I've seen him too. He knows the guys at Boatmasters. Tried to get him to come to the rally a couple of years ago.

badbait

A-man, your right on it's only for fun. But, there are some things that can be learned. Everybody should have a picture of their boat running at whatever speed they feel comfortable driving at. That picture will tell you or somebody that understands it a whole lot about your setup. I am starting to find a little more speed just because of a picture. I saw something you can't see while your driving. So for those that want a shot of themselves at speed, I'll try to lineup a couple of guys with high pixel cameras so that you can have a picture that can be blown up for framing. The speed really doesn't have to be all that high, 80 to 85 is plenty. It would be nice to have a picture of that little red boat of Lou's at 110 plus.

Last edited:
J

John Richied

Your right about the class thing Bill…

I would like to see the 21's square off. classes with 250’s and 300’s…

Then it would be interesting to see how your XB-2003/250 runs against Lou’s XB-2003/280 in a drag race and a top end run.

And then we can have the 20’ 225 class and 20’ 200 class.

Followed by open class where you run what you brung, but you HAVE to have a trolling motor on. :laughing

DONNY

Lars you are the king this year. but no more we are going after it next year. no one has won the even more than once. you are going down buddy.

Hey john how is life. and how are your boys doing. or do i need to come up and kick some ***.

love always
donny chu b boat

West Coast Bull

So for those that want a shot of themselves at speed, I'll try to lineup a couple of guys with high pixel cameras so that you can have a picture that can be blown up for framing. . .
Bill I know what you are saying. I will let Lars's "bunk buddy" know that you are thinking of him. :gasp Ron would love to see you all again. :cuss

badbait

Mike, Ron would be just the guy to take the pictures. He sure has a lot of experience. And Ron would probably put them all together on a CD and send us copies.

J

John Richied

Pictures would be way cool!

Last edited by a moderator: