New Yamaha drag propellers....

h2oskiier30

First off, this question has absolutely NOTHING to do with a prop anyone here, or any other board is selling.

Question is for those who either sell new in the box Yamaha drag props, or have recently bought a brand new in box Yamaha drag prop.

How was the prop packaged? In detail if possible, please.

h2oskiier30

Authenticity is not an issue. It's a real Yamaha. The question is whether it was "new in box" or not. I'm 99% sure it is not, but was advertised as such. One tip is curled, and there are rings on the leading edge of a blade or two. I will post a pic of how it was packaged when I get home, but let's just say the I was disappointed at first sight of the box...even before opening it.

Just curious as to how Yamaha sends them before I take it up with the seller.

Again...the seller is not on this board, or any other board that I know of.

h2oskiier30

Thank you for the pics, Brian...that's exactly what I was looking for.

That is an unbelievably terrible job of packing a prop for shipping on Yamaha's part. I received one yesterday, in original Yamaha box, packed just like that, that the inside of the box was beaten to heck and back by the prop, and the prop has a curled tip. I'll post pics of it later today when I get a chance. I was wondering if I had gotten someone's "returned" prop, until I saw from those pics that they are actually packaged new that way.

Very, very dissappointing on Yamaha's part, IMO.

whipper

Really I would be wondering who at the shipping depot would handle what is clearly a prop that way. The box and packing made it from Japan like new if thats were there made? You would think it could make it a few hundred or thousand more like new also if people just took a little more care with other peoples stuff. To repackage what is a factory packaging job just because some morron at the shipping company wants to reck stuff isnt the answer iether I know. Who ever handeled your box from the start should be disaplined. Thats there 1st chance. Happens again im sur theres a line up of guys and gals that would be more than willing to get your box to ya like new.

Bobalouie

The difference is that when Yami sends them, they but a bunch of them into a container and ship a "solid mass" of props. When you send one via a shipping company, it is one little part amongst a bunch of others.

If its not marked fragile, UPS/Fedex/USPS could tear up an anvil.

xb03fs

When shipping things in a box it helps to fill all the voids with peanut packaging if it is packed under a little pressure it is harder to crush until it springs a leak

h2oskiier30

Here's a story...in pics...

First is the box, just as I received it. I started taking pics before opening it due to its condition. First 5 pics are of the outside of the box. Here's the first 3...

h2oskiier30

Next two of the outside of the box. First pic is NOT the same corner pictured above...

This next hole in the box is important...remember this one...

h2oskiier30

Next up...what we see when we open the box...

Remember the pic I showed before of the outside of the box that I said to remember for later? Well, here's the inside of that same hole...

h2oskiier30

And, well....here's the prop itself....

Sweet little curled tip...

Not sure how well these show up, but there are 4 small dings right in a row on this blade...

reward69

Quality control and unions! Mostly people that don't give a crap knowing if they get fired for being incompetent the union will get their job back for them. This kinda damage has happened to me too many times to count.

h2oskiier30

Yeah, I'm pissed about the obvious shipping damage (curled blade tip), as well as pissed at Yamaha for packaging a brand new prop in such a schotty manner. I'm also not quite sure if I've actually received a "new in box" prop, either. Hard for me to say, since I've never bought a new Yammy drag, but I wouldn't think they should have dings in the blade straight from the factory. The blades are also extremely sharp, although that could be the way that Yamaha sends them from the factory? That's a better question for Brian (FFWD) or someone else here.

FFWD

That is a very old box as Yamaha has not used blue on their boxes in several years. They switched everything over to red in 2009 I think. They could stand some better packaging but I have shipped lots of them over the years in the standard box and have not had any trouble.

h2oskiier30

Contacted the seller. He is ordering me a new prop to replace this one, and sending a pre-paid shipping label to send this one back. So, it appears at this point all is well.