New Yamaha drag propellers....

patches

I don't know how it could have gotten the 4 dings in the leading edge. Least the seller is making it right. What pitch is that prop? Wonder if he'd sell it at a discount now. All that stuff could easily be fixed when it was sent out to get worked

I see now its a 26

SLOmofo

Something heavy like a prop HAS to be immobilized in the box. Angel Sh!t won't work, as it is compressible. Air packs won't work as they are compressible and blow out. Bubble wrap same.
The only way is to cut a piece of plywood that fits the box and bolt the prop to it, another piece on top and then pray.
Someone, quite knowledgeable, on this board sold me 2 props and sent them together inside one box. They banged together as they came across country both made it to me nicely damaged. Too little cardboard, bubble wrap and air packs and two heavy pieces of metal.

waterqtr

My 2 cents... I've been in the transportation "business" for over 22 years.... What I'm sharing isn't news to anyone. All the shipping companies are under pressure to hit their productivity numbers and sometimes, that's all that matters... That applies to most, but not all, business' selling a product as well... 20 years ago there was a lot more pride and caring of the job you did, that's not the norm in today's culture... Sooooo, WE all need to ship things in packaging that we would want to see something we bought shipped in, bullet-proof!!! While we can't control how companies ship their product, we should definitely take care of our own and do it right... Again, jus my 2 cents...

Chuck

Last edited:

h2oskiier30

Agree completely, Chuck. Like I said previously, I am absolutely shocked at the way that Yamaha packs brand new propellers for shipping. Of course, I may be shocked at others as well. This is the first brand new propeller I've ever bought. Bought a ton of used ones, though...and this is the worst packaged one, by far.

patches

Brian said that box is an old one so no telling how many times that package has been handled/thrown around over the years. I never hear about new Yamaha's getting damaged in shipping so maybe the packaging is fine to ship it one way where its only handled a few times. If its handled enough, as this one probably was, the box sooner or later gets beat up, and out of shape allowing the prop to shift out of its spot in there. Just saying the box may not have been in the best of shape when it was sent out to you

If they'd sell that prop at a deal I might be interested

h2oskiier30

Good point, Erik...but like I said, I'm not sure this one is exactly "new in box". Maybe it is, but I can't explain the dings in the blade if it is. They aren't in a spot where they would have happened during shipping. They are past mid-blade toward the hub.

h2oskiier30

New update. Don emailed me this morning to let me know that he had already ordered a new prop from Yamaha, and will let me know when it is headed my way.

So far, I am completely pleased with their customer service.

Ordered lots of parts from them in the past, and they have never failed to offer the lowest price on new Merc parts with quick shipping.

citabriatom

I'm almost scared to ask;did the drag prop I sent you arrive in good shape?Just wanted you to know that if anything is wrong,I'll make it right.Tom

h2oskiier30

Yes Tom...it arrived today, packed exactly the way props should be packed. That box could have fallen off the truck at 45 mph, and the prop would have been fine.

Thanks.

h2oskiier30

Alright folks. When I woke up this morning (on nights this week), there was a brand new in the box, shiny, perfect Yamaha drag prop sitting on my porch. I cannot say enough good things about the way it was handled by the vendor. Communication, punctuality...everything above and beyond. I've touted them before here, but if anyone ever needs new OEM Merc parts at the best prices I've seen with excellent customer service, then they are your hookup.

www.boats.net

Last edited: