New best........

GotMyAlly

Ran a new personal best in my 21/250 at FastPass last week. Was turning a 31" prop that Todd brought for me to try. That prop rocked! Picked the whole boat up and carried it like it was floating on a cloud of air. First pass with my girlfriend in the boat, I ran 92 and she commented that it felt safer and more stable than similar speeds with my other props. And that was with the jackplate buried at a conservative 3/4" below the pad. I put her out, jacked the motor up a little, and busted 98.0 MPH two passes later with just a little tweaking on the motor height. Best pass was about 3/8" below the pad. I went just a touch higher and the boat didn't want any of that, so back down it went.

Attachments

SmallJaw

Bro that is booking on the water. Great numbers. Just think of the hp you would have been generating in cold air! Be careful though!:cool

GotMyAlly

Bro that is booking on the water. Great numbers. Just think of the hp you would have been generating in cold air! Be careful though!:cool
Yep, with some colder temps, I feel pretty sure that I could bust into triple digits with that prop, especially if I were willing to remove the trolling motor, take my rods and such out of the boat, etc. I did take my cooler out of the boat and the folding chairs out from under the front deck, but other than that I wasn't far off from my normal fishing load, other than a few worm bags that I left in the truck. But then when I passed the mid 90s on my first run, I realized I needed more ballast than usual (maybe I got fatter over the winter) so I had to add a 25 lb shot bag to the left side.

I will say this........if I were to try for more, or even do that on a regular basis, I feel like I need to get my lower unit worked first. I felt like I was approaching the limit of a stock sportmaster.

LakeAnna

Man that is rolling! I guess you have a new prop now. Glad you weren't up here or you would have washed me up on the bank in my little GS.:)

GotMyAlly

I guess you have a new prop now.
Actually that was just a prototype I think......i've gotta wait on the finished product just like everybody else before I can take one home. :big grin Definitely a bad-azz prop though! I can see how one with an inch or two less pitch might replace my X-OB as my every day prop, too.

Allyfishing

Actually that was just a prototype I think......i've gotta wait on the finished product just like everybody else before I can take one home. :big grin Definitely a bad-azz prop though! I can see how one with an inch or two less pitch might replace my X-OB as my every day prop, too.
Sooo...is Todd back to working on his prototype again?? the one todd ran on my boat in Ohio??

that's some good driving Neall!! And below the pad no less, interesting!! i'm wondering now if the lip/pad has changed from the earlier 21 than yours and mine??

Others running the pre-2010 models all seem to run above the pad.

GotMyAlly

Sooo...is Todd back to working on his prototype again?? the one todd ran on my boat in Ohio??

that's some good driving Neall!! And below the pad no less, interesting!! i'm wondering now if the lip/pad has changed from the earlier 21 than yours and mine??

My old one ran best above the pad, too. I could literally run it out of water psi. This one, you don't want to run it anywhere near that high. But if I can run the same speeds (or faster) with the motor 3/4" deeper in the water, I figure that's safer (also probably makes nosecone shape more critical).

TBuck2003

This is a production prop that started life out as a 15.5" offshore/ sterndrive prop. Did some work to it and reduced diameter to 14.75" and put in DPVS holes. It is our standard Intimidator QIV, just reduced diameter.

GotMyAlly

I want to try it again in the fall or spring.....maybe I'll take my rods out next time and run the gas down to the lower 1/4.

TB21

This is a production prop that started life out as a 15.5" offshore/ sterndrive prop. Did some work to it and reduced diameter to 14.75" and put in DPVS holes. It is our standard Intimidator QIV, just reduced diameter.
So...not a problem to buy one?

TBuck2003

Compared to the XOB that you recomend on the 2+2 , how does this prop differ?
This is a play prop, go for a number and hang on. The X OB is still the better fishing performance prop... Not saying it wont do it , just saying I would not recommend it.