Knoxville Rally/Watts Bar 2013 Lodging Info

suicidealli

Richard Im not a good passenger!!! I don't climb in many boats with people.
Everybody wants to impress me. They scare the chit out of me. Lol
I don't mine the 80's with somebody but 100 mph u better believe I think they
Are a good driver. damn good driver. I can name them on one hand.
Roy

Alli-drenaline Rush

Everybody wants to impress me. They scare the chit out of me. Lol
Roy
What I meant by my "bored to tears" comment is that you, being a man who's gone 120+ would be bored to tears at my putting along in the 80s. No way I'd push it with a passenger on-board... And I sure as heck wouldn't try 100...

suicidealli

What I meant by my "bored to tears" comment is that you, being a man who's gone 120+ would be bored to tears at my putting along in the 80s. No way I'd push it with a passenger on-board... And I sure as heck wouldn't try 100...
I Knew what you meant...... Just dont feel bad when I don't climb in....lmao
Rookie ally driver, I think I will swim, or rent a conoe...LMAO

2 kinds of allison drivers, those who have hooked, and those who are going to hook..lol

Roy

biller31

Well I've done got it out of the way so we're good to go. We can do a sobriety test to see which one of us drives.

Alli-drenaline Rush

Everybody wants to impress me.
They scare the chit out of me. Lol
Roy
Roy I won't ask you to climb in my boat.... You'd probably just track beer cans all over it that I'd have to clean up..., lmao

skewby

live well? is that the big box in the back? i always thought those were the recycling ben built into the boat....

suicidealli

Skewby we need to be in the same boat....lol. Richard would kick me out the first drop of beer I spilled. I'm sure of will have some kind of motor, just not sure what.....
Roy

skewby

anytime roy, i'll at least have my 150, if i don't buy something else. ain't beer like a boat conditioner? i never had one that didn't have some spillage in it

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
OK I'm thinking about the insanity of going to this one, as well as the one in west TN or wherever it ends up being in July. I figure I have plenty of options to leave one boat in TN from June-july and then bring the other out along with a spare vehicle to tow both home again.

Where is the link to the alternate motel site? Is there a factory day planned?

What about Euchee? Still closed/foreclosed?

skewby

euchie is open still working on the rest. don't no the link but call matt at 423-365-951 he owns lakeside, i believe thurs. morning is when they will be going to the factory. i gave craig the a temp. sched. of events that we are still working on

Allyfishing

OK I'm thinking about the insanity of going to this one, as well as the one in west TN or wherever it ends up being in July. I figure I have plenty of options to leave one boat in TN from June-july and then bring the other out along with a spare vehicle to tow both home again.

Where is the link to the alternate motel site? Is there a factory day planned?

What about Euchee? Still closed/foreclosed?
Here we go: http://whitescreekmarina.com/watts-bar-lake/

This is the website for Whites Creek Marina. I just sopke to the owner Matt yesterday and he said there are only 3 rooms booked there so far. Two rooms for the rally and one annual renter that comes the same time each year. so there are plenty of rooms left.

This is the place we stopped at last year with the huge set of covered docks (which can be used by us) and the bass pro shop (remember he was closed up tight as a drum that day for whatever reason).

He is ready for the overflow of owners and is excited to see us. I informed him that the poker run will be on Friday this year and his place will be one of the stops!

I also spoke to Mrs. Allison yesterday and she is very excited to have our "family reunion" as she put it and see everyone. She and Mr. Allison will be there on Friday for the dinner, I asked her if we can do the plant day on Thursday, and when I mentioned that it would be great if they could bring a boat for the poker run she asked what we do on Saturday???

I told her pretty many people stayed and we made a nice long run to a sand bar and hung out and swam so I got the impression they may bring a boat and hang with us Saturday. I'll keep pestering her til she gives in!!!

The number to call Matt at Whites Creek marina is 423-365-9521 and til April 1st they are closed on Tuesdays but are there 9am to 5pm the rest of the week. After the first of April they will be open 7 days a week.

Please see the rate sheet I posted for this resort. Many options for rooms. And Terrace View is full.

Expecting a great rally!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Allyfishing

If Lakeside fills up I think Arrowhead still had rooms.
Dave I checked with Arrowhead last year before we left to try and prebook the motel units right in the front of the docks where we pulled in and I was told the entire motel unit of rooms are booked that week. Same outfit comes in the same week and takes up the whole thing.

But, the cabins were all open at that time so they may be an option if some one does not want to go to Whites Creek. I would prefer to give Matt the business if at all possible but I can't stop someone from booking there.

However, if Terrace view restaurant is not open for breakfast this year then you know where I'll be in the morning after I get some fishing in!!!!!!! Arrowhead is open for breakfast every morning and its only a stone throw from Terrace in the back of the cove for anyone interested!!

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
Looks good Craig, thanks.

I have a plan yet to see if it will work...