Knoxville Rally/Watts Bar 2013 Lodging Info

etnprop

The "on the water" rooms seem to be going fast so I thought I would mention that the HoJo in Spring City was very accomodating to our group last year. Nice rooms, plenty of parking out front, free breakfast, ect. A short drive from Terrace View but not bad. Apparently you can drive your cooler thru the drive thru or even to the front counter at McDonalds next door so I would say that was pretty convenient - huh? Anybody that wants to book last minute this would give you a fall back plan. Looks like its gonna be a crowd - hope Ben's grillin' arm is ok by then.

harrells

Hey Craig, is it too early to start up a ROLL-CALL thread to see how many are showing up for this one.

Allyfishing

The "on the water" rooms seem to be going fast so I thought I would mention that the HoJo in Spring City was very accomodating to our group last year. Nice rooms, plenty of parking out front, free breakfast, ect. A short drive from Terrace View but not bad. Apparently you can drive your cooler thru the drive thru or even to the front counter at McDonalds next door so I would say that was pretty convenient - huh? Anybody that wants to book last minute this would give you a fall back plan. Looks like its gonna be a crowd - hope Ben's grillin' arm is ok by then.
Joe if I can count correctly there are 18 rooms left at Lakeside/Whites Creek Marina with several of them being 2 bedroom units. Lots of lodging "on the water" right there. Nice thing about that place is that's its so big, especially the boat slips.

But of course if some that were there last year prefer to sleep by the train and run their "cooler" thru the dirvethru at Mickey D's they are more than welcome to book at the HoJo in Spring City!!!! It's not far from the Terrace!!!

harrells

What's up Craig. Can't wait to see everyone again this year. Will be there wed. the 19th in the AM thru sat. Bringing son and daughter, and hopefully the wife can make it this year.

biller31

Joe, Lord willing I'm gonna be at least 90% of my full cooking strength by June. I may not rock the grill as fast as normal but you know fatboy ain't gonna let nobody starve. Especially when you bringing the rockstar-mega-grille! I think between the two of us we can keep up our bragging rights standards. I may need assistance though so I reckon I should bring an extra set of tongs, prongs, n thongs. And maybe my welding gloves too. I don't wanna singe my arm hairs off again! :)