It's on now boys! My first Race!

bullwhipjkg

a drag motor.. he runs at the naval base in georgia.. ft ruckers..... he came in 2nd or
3rd this year. won it last year... he made some U turns this year...LOL
hed be in lake racer i would think we have a ss there with a drag now and maybe 1 wit a 280 nex year

FASSBASS

Back in 97-98 i ran my XB03 in ECDBA in a bassboat class. With a 225pm I had to weight 2000lbs. To get there I had to leave all 3 grp 27 batteries , my OMC 12/24v troller, 25lb shot bag and a half tank of fuel( wrong way to add weight ) battery charger and 1 fishing seat in the boat. The boat also had a hydraulic plate on it. I am 6'3" and weighed 225lbs at the time. I would bet somewhere around 1550-1600lbs dry.
To really make a 260 sweat get rid of the limiter and oil pump. You will need a 22-24p yamaha or similar. A stock limiter will kill you on the big end against a 260/280 . I was running a 25p prop Lee and Robbie created on mine and it came out ok but topped out at half track i think in the low 80's(not sure). Someone had to screw up for me to win.My stock 96' 225pm put out 251hp on Lee Sandersons L&S propshaft dyno so they're real close to a 260. I had a blast racing but also tournament fished and couldn't afford to do both.
Have fun with it!

Ron Miller

bullwhipjkg

with our weight he will run 2 ta 3 batteries so he can makwe it and yes on the 24 volt up come look at mine its easy to do and once you get used to it you will use it for everything but top end runs or i do but im just a redneck

Casey G

Mark I got your message late and didn't have a chance to call you back they other day, I’ll call you tonight. You will have to run 24v up. Keep one of your buttons 12v and make the other 24v. The stock Mercury pump will work, but eventually you will have to get a Mercuriser and run it on 24v. Don’t worry about melting batteries or frying solenoids. If somebody had that problem then they wired something wrong.

hullbilly

I'd have to agree wit ya on dat one der casey:beer::beer:
Well I wired it up myself and had a chance to test it out this past weekend. It worked great with no issues! Matter of fact, it worked a little too good on the first pass! When your boat is pointed straight forward, but moving perfectly sideways, you may have trimmed the prop out of the water...ha ha ha!