It's on now boys! My first Race!

hullbilly

Nothing like taking a few *** whoopins, but dang it was fun. Makes me want to dive into my setup and make this big bass boat competitive. But at the same time, makes me want to buy a freaking drag and really get down and dirty! Man, this was fun.

Attachments

bringit

i raced my first time last year in xb2003 and got 3rd ihba got my a..... smoked in odba but next year it will be different i hope.fun doesnt even come close.

Fl Boy in ILL

bringit

Where did you race ihba? What class? We rope race all over, KDBA and SLDBA and hae a blast

Hullbilly yea this racing sure can get addictive
Rick

hullbilly

bringit - I'm assuming you race in lakeracer with ODBA. I'm wanting to race with my local organization, DSRA. I'd like to pm you with a few setup questions. Would you mind sharing some info.?

Thanks,
Mark

Rusrog

Nothing like taking a few *** whoopins, but dang it was fun. Makes me want to dive into my setup and make this big bass boat competitive. But at the same time, makes me want to buy a freaking drag and really get down and dirty! Man, this was fun.
LOL! Your rig runs good Mark and with the setup you have, I feel certain that you can get competitive in Performance Bass & Ski. I'm looking froward to seeing you at the races! It's addictive just like Rick says...

Bring that boat to the Winter Nationals and run it some more! If I have prop that you want to try, lemmeno!!!

Russ

hullbilly

Hey Russ,

We'll definitely be at the Winter Nationals. I need to run a 22 or maybe a 24 to see what she will do. I've got a lot of work and setup to do in order to race. I did line item everything out in a cool list last night though!

I was playing with a 28 in the San Jac that I had never ran before. The boat ran like crap. Sent it back yesterday for some adjustments. Nice to meet you and everybody else. Can't wait till Jan. 17 now!

You know what, I'm kickin myself for not buying a 2002 now. I was originally looking for a 2002 like Casey's that I could have side slide for Kim and center for racing. Oh well, love the boat and haven't spent the time or effort to write it off anyway!

See you soon!

bullwhipjkg

its fun and the pbs class aint as easy as i thought it would be too run but it can be done without a lot of setup issues my boat could be at the river one weekend and at the races the next and beleive it or not it was competitive unless it was besides the bullet wit tha 260 but hey it syre was fun anyway

bigtis

its fun and the pbs class aint as easy as i thought it would be too run but it can be done without a lot of setup issues my boat could be at the river one weekend and at the races the next and beleive it or not it was competitive unless it was besides the bullet wit tha 260 but hey it syre was fun anyway
that bullet wit the 260 didn't shine on yo ace so bad in the 1/8th though!!!!:beer:

bringit

yeah hullbilly dont mind at all.i will help all i can.

Casey G

Mark don't kick yourself for buying that boat. It's a great boat and will do just as good as the 2002 in Performance Bass & Ski maybe even better.

In the next week of so i'm pulling the 260 off and putting the Super Stock 200 on so i can start testing. Once you get your ecu, 24v trim and a prop you and Justin should come over so we can do some testing for next year.

hullbilly

I'm going to try to make some time this weekend to pull my ECU. No tricks there, right? Just unbolt and unplug. After that, I'll need to work on disconnecting my oil injection. Other than some fine tuning, that should be it as far as the motor goes.

Casey - what do y'all estimate rigging weight at? Mine will be higher with all the fishing stuff on my boat, but it'll be a start. I'd like an idea where my weight is going to fall early on.

Casey G

Mark i don't have a clue what those boats weigh, but i'm sure with all the batteries and the fishing crap it should be close to the 2050lbs that a 225 Pro Max has to weigh. in fact with the trolling motor removed you may even have to add some.

before the first race we can weigh it if you want. i have the scales and straps we will just have to find a place to hang it. if we have to i guess we can use a come-a-long and a big tree! maybe there is a place at Loves?

Rusrog

Mark i don't have a clue what those boats weigh, but i'm sure with all the batteries and the fishing crap it should be close to the 2050lbs that a 225 Pro Max has to weigh. in fact with the trolling motor removed you may even have to add some.

before the first race we can weigh it if you want. i have the scales and straps we will just have to find a place to hang it. if we have to i guess we can use a come-a-long and a big tree! maybe there is a place at Loves?

Doesn't Acie have an A frame outside his shop or am I thinking of Pearland Marine????

Good to see you getting interested Mark! Can't wait to see it run!

Russ

chad202

I can't remember what motor you have but if it 260/280, jmo, it'll be hard for you to compete due to the weight you'll have to add to the boat. If you had a 150-200 you may be more competive.

hullbilly

I hear ya chad. I'm running a 225 promax and have to weigh 2050. The 260s and 280s have to run at 2175. I didn't buy this boat to race, but would like to use it to get my feet wet to see if it's really something I'd like to do. This is supposed to be my fishing boat, but I'm really competitive and love speed on the water.

The good thing about the class is its basically a stock class and just about any bass or ski boat fits in the rules. So, I don't have to do anything extreme (to my fishing boat) to go race and have a little fun. Being competitive is a different story, but you never know until you try.

If it turns out to be something I like, I'd like to add a drag to the fleet!!!!

Casey G

I can't remember what motor you have but if it 260/280, jmo, it'll be hard for you to compete due to the weight you'll have to add to the boat. If you had a 150-200 you may be more competive.
Chad a bullet w/ 260 won high points and almost every race this year. all the motor combos and weigh breaks are pretty close and this year the racing should be some of the best we've seen in this class.

K-DAWG XB 2003

Staff member
I'm going to try to make some time this weekend to pull my ECU. No tricks there, right? Just unbolt and unplug. After that, I'll need to work on disconnecting my oil injection. Other than some fine tuning, that should be it as far as the motor goes.

Casey - what do y'all estimate rigging weight at? Mine will be higher with all the fishing stuff on my boat, but it'll be a start. I'd like an idea where my weight is going to fall early on.

After you weigh it let us know. I am curious to hear what a XB 2003 weighs.