In need of a new prop.

The Cashew Kid

I run a Hydromotive on my 03 and couldn't be happier! I know several that run them on their 21's also with great success. I would be calling Todd at Hydromotive! You will not be dissappointed!

xb03fs

My suggestion would be a Hydromotive xob with the flair trimmed and .080" tip cup added to the tips

hooken203

Sorry no Hydromotive for me been there done that. Runs great but too fragile for most of the situations that I use my boat in.

xb03fs

Tell them not the thin it more than necessary to work it and NOT to sharpen the leading edges and they will last...If you tell them to lab it they are very thin and very sharp and much more fragile.

TBuck2003

My suggestion would be a Hydromotive xob with the flair trimmed and .080" tip cup added to the tips
Nathan although it worked on your rig with a 2.5 200 does not mean it will work on a 3.0 225,250, or 300. Please do not tell people to remove flare because some have, based off your suggestion and now they slip like crazy out of the hole. I appreciate your business a lot, I just do not want customers to think it works across the board as a blanket solution... They also do not need as much cupping because they have a panda ton more torque than a 2.5, which lifts the boat better from the get go. Your rig vs. a 3.0 is comparing apples to oranges... Have a great weekend.

GotMyAlly

Another vote for the X-OB.

Asked Duane about his experience with the Bravo. I think by the time all was said and done, buying the Bravo, paying to have it worked, swapping it out for another, etc., he had more in it than a h-motive and it still didn't perform as well.

The only ones I've damaged were from abuse.....IE, dropping them on the pavement.

xb03fs

Ill probably have a 27 at some point this fall or winter, if I want to break 85 with my 200 Ill need more pitch.

whipper

From what Ive read and heard and seen the hydros are as tough a prop as you can buy. And as an added bonus Todd is a life long Allison owner and knows what we want and how to make them do just that. I can tell you this. If i could afford a new prop instead of buying hit and miss second hand ones Todd would be the first person i called hands down without question. My guess is there's more satisfied Allison owners running Hydromotive props than any other prop regardless of boat model or engine combo. Is there other good props of course there is,but from what Ive seen what sets Todd apart from 90+% of them is his knowledge of our hulls and his willingness to work with you to get exactly what you want. Thats priceless. I have no doubt Todd could sell me a prop to match or exceed my best prop to date that took me years of searching for and 10 props to find. { im a sucker for punishment} Ive gone whole seasons not satisfied because i could only buy a prop for 500 or less. I have a good one now but as I said it took 10 to get it! For a couple hundred more i could have got the same or better, well would have been better because from Todd it would have a warranty and I suspect a few more mph probably.

Keep up the great work Todd! One of these days my GS will be as fast as yours and Ziemers.:rolleyes: :D

hooken203

I am not trying to start another problem like I had last year about this time. I have a Hydromotive prop it is an XOB 28 pitch. I am happy with its performance. But heres the deal at 28 pitch it is not high enough for my current new engine. My experiance with this prop is very different from others when it comes to the durability of this prop and had I known what I know now I would have requested that Todd build this prop differently than it is.
I was not asking whats the best prop for my XB21. I was asking for thoughts about a Bravo XS 29.5.

Last edited:

TBuck2003

I am not trying to start another problem like I had last year about this time. I have a Hydromotive prop it is an XOB 28 pitch. I am happy with its performance. But heres the deal at 28 pitch it is not high enough for my current new engine. My experiance with this prop is very different from others when it comes to the durability of this prop and had I known what I know now I would have requested that Todd build this prop differently than it is.
I was not asking whats the best prop for my XB21. I was asking for thoughts about a Bravo XS 29.5.
Hooken no worries at all. I hope you find the wheel that best suits your needs. Everyone has different needs out of their props. Your needs are not wrong they are just what suits you the best. I think you will love the 250 XS, as it will open up your set up to try more props and styles. Best of luck and enjoy the Holiday Weekend !!!

hooken203

Todd I know when I want the fastest speed out of my boat you are the guy to go to. I also know that day to day operation in the shallow rivers I fish that same prop will not fair very well. So I need to run a prop that will give me decent performance and is more suited for the abuse.

jerryxb2002

Call Bret at BBlades i have a Blazer it runs the best on my xb2002 of any prop I've tryed he wont steer you wrong and all there props come Lab ed.

whipper

If you can find one of Todds Drag4,s i would try it. He said it was the fastest prop on his GS with a 225. T4X Sweet looking prop!! Also a 27 T3X is one on my bucket list. This is a pic of a T4X I just missed.