Hydraulic steering ?

cborel

What is the best hydraulic steering for a XB 2002 ??? And i herd of an elecktric bleeder is there such a thang ??? Thanks Craig !

boataddict

the seastar pro hyd with the cylinder that allison helped design.call bill at allison and they can tell ya where to get them.8659835920

Hydropromax

I'm getting the seastar pro steering as we speak, the only problem is the steering wheel has to be swapped out or the hub changed.

HDL

hub needs changed Andy, get up with Gregg Rothwell, he can get it for you. If he can't I can:beer:

I also agree with the seastar pro with the Allison cylinder

max200

I have the seastar steering on my 1990 2002. you can drive the boat with one finger at 90 mph. will never use cables again.

HDL

Andy, you can run the Pro series, but recommend the Allison version, although
I am running an Ultraflex Offshore cylinder with a Seastar Pro helm and hoses

Texan

Do have the allison cylender or the prostar?
It is a ProStar cylinder that Darris helped to re-engineer, I assume. I just put it on my 2003. Called Bill at Allison and a few days later the whole kit showed up on my doorstep. Steering wheel, hub, and everything up to and including the fluid.

I don't know about an electric bleeder. Never heard of such a thing. Not saying that there isn't, but unless you are going to make a profession out of installing hydraulic chit, get your wife out there to twist the steering wheel and pour the fluid in while you do the bleeding part at the back.

Get ready for an all day job simply cutting all the zip ties....:gasp

Nine took longer than the average cause I had to chase around for one thing or another. Woulda been better had I had all the tools necessary, but since I store my boat in a storage facility, I simply didn't think of everything before leaving the house.:rolling eyes

Good Luck! And Hydropromax is right....you'll never use cables again once you get it in!!:cool::cool:

Last edited:

mtolley

it looks like BPALMER still might have the deal going on with the pro system. check him on fastbass. mt

Bob Ant

I talked to Bill Palmer at Fastbass.com. Seems like a real good guy. System cost 795.00 with the 6345 Allison cyclinder. Think I am gonna pull the trigger on it.

I need to know what length hoses I need for side steer 2003. Also, WHere do I get the Allison hub adapter and blinker sytle trim switch? What do they cost?

Seems like a real good deal. I know its not as nice as getting everything from Allison but it seems like there is real money to be saved.

What ya'll think?

pickwickangler

Bob, Thats the route I took. Blinker style trim from bass pro shops and the steering hub from summit racing. Do a search for summit on here and I bet you can find the part number. I think 18 foot hoses but I aint fer sure.

mtolley

(talked to Bill Palmer at Fastbass.com. Seems like a real good guy. System cost 795.00 with the 6345 Allison cyclinder)

i bought mine from him as well, but got the 5345 cylinder for that price!? its got me wondering. i know in the ad he posted it says 6345, but that aint what i got in the box, and was told on the phone that if i wanted the "high performance" cylinder that he had them in stock in colors for @ $100 more. the allison cylinder is in fact the hc6345 so be sure before you order. talk to hank and see what he got for Mark's boat and at what price. mike t

mtolley

also ,hoses longer than 14' will cost a little more,atleast for me it did so be sure to ask about that also. not sayin that even with the 5345 cylinder that it is not a good deal because it is but be sure to ask! mike t

Hey guys...

How much "play" is normal for the 6345 cylinder once it is installed and bled? Mine has about 1/2" at the hub. Is this normal, or does it need more bleeding??

THanks...

Jimmy