Hydraulic steering ?

bigtis

(talked to Bill Palmer at Fastbass.com. Seems like a real good guy. System cost 795.00 with the 6345 Allison cyclinder)

i bought mine from him as well, but got the 5345 cylinder for that price!? its got me wondering. i know in the ad he posted it says 6345, but that aint what i got in the box, and was told on the phone that if i wanted the "high performance" cylinder that he had them in stock in colors for @ $100 more. the allison cylinder is in fact the hc6345 so be sure before you order. talk to hank and see what he got for Mark's boat and at what price. mike t
Mike, you got the Hi-po ram. the hc 6345 part# is for a red or silver anodized allison ram. the hc5345 is the regular black painted finish Hi-po ram. you got the good ram, just not the anodized one. I've got an account with the distributor, and have researched this thouroughly. If I'm not mistaken, your rod connecting arms to the ram have keyway's in them correct. If so, you got the good un:cool

FFWD

Mike, you got the Hi-po ram. the hc 6345 part# is for a red or silver anodized allison ram. the hc5345 is the regular black painted finish Hi-po ram. you got the good ram, just not the anodized one. I've got an account with the distributor, and have researched this thouroughly. If I'm not mistaken, your rod connecting arms to the ram have keyway's in them correct. If so, you got the good un:cool
The 5345 is NOT the good cylinder. The 6345 is the Hi-Po/Allison cylinder. Part # for a black one is HC6345. Part # for a red one is HC6345RED and silver is HC6345SIL.

bigtis

The 5345 is NOT the good cylinder. The 6345 is the Hi-Po/Allison cylinder. Part # for a black one is HC6345. Part # for a red one is HC6345RED and silver is HC6345SIL.
my freind just ordered a kit with the 2.0 helm, and the Pro cylinder in the kit is factory 5345. the kits are available as you prefer though. Needles to say, question to be answered is, will the 5345 have the keyways. will get the cylinder tomorrow, just wondering. I also got the red, "PINK" un and there is NO play. the makeup of the ram and it's assembly looks to be the same. I'll check further, but I want to know positively for sure, cause a good freind is the distributor. they don't keep em in stock, but can get em and all we got to go by is part #'s and looks in the catalog.

P.S. thanks in advance for all educated and experienced opinions.

FFWD

The 5345 will not have the keyways and is not the Allison style cylinder. The 5345 does look the same on the outside but has different valving internally and does not have the keyways.

bigtis

The 5345 will not have the keyways and is not the Allison style cylinder. The 5345 does look the same on the outside but has different valving internally and does not have the keyways.
THanks................. dats wat i wus gettin at

patches

i need a pair of rideguide cables if any of you are pulling a decent pair out to put the hydraulic in. i'd also like the triangular bracket that bolts to the tiller arm. pm me with what you have and how much you want for it. my cables have gotten to the point that it's getting hard to drive the boat and i'd like to just go back with some decent cables to get me by till i can get the steering i want. thanks, erik kiser

timber1103

patches, not sure of the length, but i replaced mine with some out of my old xb2002, they fit just fine
tim

patches

thanks timber, i can't find a length on the cable so i'll call bill at allison today and ask him. if i could sell the drag exh. adapter i have i could buy the cable/pulley steering system that i really want

mirage101

What about the electronic bleeding ? I am finding it difficult at best
to get all the slack ouy of steering wheel at rest.

Thanks Ron

fishnfireman

I am finding it difficult at best

Thanks Ron
Ron,
Good luck with that--even when mine was brand new there was a little slack that I was never able to get out.
Now that the system has had above average use and way above average trailer miles..It has a little more slack at every point........from wheel to keel...each attachment point has a little more wear/slack .

MD

Rusrog

Mine has next to NO slack in the system. A buddy showed me how to do it and it worked well. My Ride Guide cable system had more mechanical slack than this hydraulic system does.

My buddy showed me this trick to fill the helm...

He screwed the bottle into the helm and just wiggled the steering wheel back & forth a couple of inches until we saw fluid coming out the hose ends. This filled the helm and did not pump air through the whole system. It worked nice... Hooked up the hoses and cracked open both bleeder valves and arranged a catch can and soon we were on our way.

My system has less than probably .10 inch of slop at speed.

FFWD

What about the electronic bleeding ? I am finding it difficult at best

Thanks Ron
Try to find a dealer in your area that has the power purger. This will take all the air out and make the system as slop free as possible. Don't know what they may charge, but if anybody wants to come to Leesville, SC I will do it for free.

mtolley

the cylinder that i have is the BLACK HC5345 PRO SERIES. it has NO keyways. the 5345 is the same ram that seastar has made forever. i dont know about the color/number designations,but the HC6345 is the "allison" cylinder with the keyways,which i dont have. i have driven both, and i have noticed "at speed" little difference between the two. the 6345 does feel a little tighter at rest, at least in my opinion.

bigtis

the cylinder that i have is the BLACK HC5345 PRO SERIES. it has NO keyways. the 5345 is the same ram that seastar has made forever. i dont know about the color/number designations,but the HC6345 is the "allison" cylinder with the keyways,which i dont have. i have driven both, and i have noticed "at speed" little difference between the two. the 6345 does feel a little tighter at rest, at least in my opinion.
just found all this out for myself firsthand, and share the same opinion. Thanks Mike!!!!1