Honest opinion on how my boat performed yesterday

TBuck2003

If there's anyone that knows how to carry weight, it's TBUCK. Before he met his supermodel wife, he used to troll the Jenny Craig offices for fresh meat at the meetings, looking for heavies. Said he would rather put his money at the Old Country Buffet on a sure thing than at a whiskey lounge on what was at best a 25/75 proposition. He said if they didn't put the GS's rubrail under water, he wasn't gonna waste the time on the magnums and boones farm. And that's how the quad four was developed....Takin the big girls "down the river".....
To think I trusted John S. I will never take him testing at the lake again... You do it one time, and you are labeled for life !!! I did learn a lot about a fishing LOAD !!!!

randybob

sounds like a buddy of mine in the early years in the bars his motto was go ugly early
and save your money couldn't help it

whipper

I am not sure how I should change my current setup. I know there are a lot of differing opinions regarding gear ratios; however, I am also running a Hydro XOB worked by T Buck for 1:75 gears (29P). My boat is not heavy and the load is balanced. I have a hydraulic JP so I can change engine height.
Your speeds for the pitch and gears your running is on the money. The only way you will see 90 is with a 31 pitch with 1.75 gears. Your in the 9-10% slip range with a load so thats pretty darn good buy any measure. Depending on how heavy your load is a 31 pitch would be slower out the hole but once on plane you should be able to run her out to high 80,s if not touch 90 on a good day when all the stars align. Asking a 31 pitch to reach 6000 rpm with a heavy load might be asking alot out of 250 but doable with the right load. You may have to be more conservative on the load to get a 31 up to 6000.

JWW8

Thanks Whipper! By the way, I just found out that I have a cracked head. The crack was over the water jacket, not a cylinder so it may not have affected performance.

racerx

Hey D Alley you get that prop shaft packaged yet I need it don't like fat shaft got no props call me meatball

John S

Hey D Alley you get that prop shaft packaged yet I need it don't like fat shaft got no props call me meatball
You better not hurt that powerhead of mine Louie. I want that back someday. And now we all know you like small shafts better, you're a fruitcake too.

John S

Depends on how many friends John S brings...
After Dave and Pianowski put their picnic basket, blankets, wine boxes, lubes, and other various performance enhancers in the boat, there isn't any room for much else. I'm sure the knob cut will be up to the task of carrying those two... ahem, "loads".