Hey Double J...your GT20 resto.....

Fl Boy in ILL

Is there a picture of the boat before the resto began? Would love to see the actual before and after. Awesome the way it turned out, very sweet and as usual fantastic work by Jack!!!

Rick

DOUBLE J

Thanks for the pics Scott....picking it up Sat. morning. Should start the rigging Sunday...I'll update as it happens.......boat looks good

Yellowallison

Thanks for the pics Scott....picking it up Sat. morning. Should start the rigging Sunday...I'll update as it happens.......boat looks good
No problem JJjjjjjjjjj........Glad I was able to help....:big grin

Yea keep us updated here.....with pictures as ya finish riggin it :beer:

DOUBLE J

Update... boat is home from the resto. Waiting on all the pieces to do the rigging. Hopefully in the next week or so rigging should begin. Put some Cragar SS rims on trailer for the old school look. Will post some updates as soon as rigging begins.

DOUBLE J

Not too much to report. I'm waiting on the billet hardware(been 4 weeks since ordered). I also have a retro motor cowl,pan and skirt coming in from Canada that's also been a month out since ordering. I got the new plastic tank, and lightweight battery in. I'll shoot a pics of trailer mods and full interior tonight.

whipper

Very cool thread on the transformation DoubleJ!!! Cant wait to see her fully rigged. Before you get her wet you should get a few 100 pics with a nice backdrop for posting and Frame mounted pictures. Some with water in the back ground or girls or something.:big grin Who did the cowl and pan stuff Mike in Vancouver BC Can? Merry Christmas to you, your family and your GT20.
Great project. The nicest looking GT20 on the planet Earth.

BTW I really Love the the back seat arrangement on the GT,s!! I know for me when I'm sun tanning or chilling its a pain getting comfy laying down but you wont have any problem sitting back and relaxing in those lounge chairs!

DOUBLE J

Thanks Whipper,merry christmas to your family also. Yep, you hit it right on the cowling, it's Mike Nass. I hope to bring the GT20 to the next Allison rally and see if I can get Darris or perferably Paul Allison to autograph the dash.

whipper

Thats a good idea. Mike does some unreal workmanship!!! I meat him at a Lacrosse Tournament our sons were in in the summer. Great guy!! He showed me some pics of his phone of some of the newer stuff hes still working on. WOW!! He sure works Carbon Kevlar very well. We have a mutual friend were he lives so talk on occasion.

Any whosawax have a great holiday. Cant wait to relax!! Im all done with this presant thing now thank god!! I could have bought a 260 for what it costs!!:big grin

DOUBLE J

here some pictures since i got it back..not too much to update...got logo's on,mocked tank and front seats up, cragar ss rims installed
still waiting on retro. motor cover, billet hardware, windshield, ect.. so I can start the rigging..hopefully soon

065 by Flowcabulary, on Flickr

068 by Flowcabulary, on Flickr

061 by Flowcabulary, on Flickr

070 by Flowcabulary, on Flickr

Last edited: