Hey Double J...your GT20 resto.....

Yellowallison

Hey Double J...your GT20 resto - update 7/20

Here Double J.....here ya pics...no more rottem wood and 10 coats of paint...:big grin

Jack was spraying Gelcoat on the deck this afternoon...

Last edited:

Yellowallison

paint on the bottom all sanded off waiting on its gelcoat....

:beer:

Last edited:

RedAllison

YES SIR dats JUST what I wanted to see!!! :beer:

And the BEST part? GEL instead of paintin... :cool

I maybe headin for Jville sooner than later, :twisted evil
RA

DOUBLE J

I apppreciate the pic's......it definetly made my day. I'm getting excited. Speakiing of excited I'm leaving tomorrow for a week in the Upper Key's with my Allison Grandsport(just the wife and I)!!!

Yellowallison

No problem Double J.......will try to remember to take mo pics as it moves along..but if I foget.....send me another reminder:big grin

RED........after our recent conversation about Jack resto'n yur 18..I figure you like seeing the pics also......:big grin

HAPPY 4TH.:at the bar

whipper

Any progress? Double, thats a sweet piece, youre a lucky man.
Yep she sure has nice lines!! BTW on your trip Double J,if ya move the passanger seat behind the drivers seat leaning on the bench at rest your down low enough your outa sight with some towels down!!:big grin:wink

Yellowallison

double J....took me few days..... but heres.... paint being sanded off the bottom and previous bad repairs being all grind'd out....

Yellowallison

Looking good..cmon'n long.......remind me again and snap ya some mo!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

DOUBLE J

Making progress!! Appreciate the pic's and....don't worry I'll be bugging you for more of them. Thanks

strip

Thats some nice work! I can't wait to see the completed job. How do the GT20's run? what is the expected hull weights? what power do you plan to put on it. what numbers do you expect to get?

DOUBLE J

Here's the plan:Total resto--- new transom, already had new stringers and floor, tighten up bottom and top than re-gel whole boat,white w/yellow trim with black windshield area. Re-gel interior also. Hull should weigh about 800-850#'s ready to run except motor. I have a GrandSport with a stock 99 200xri Merc on it(runs right @90 on GPS). Plan on taking that motor,set back and jackplate and put on GT 20. Hope to run about 92-93 with exact same motor and prop set up(hull theoretically is 150-200 #'s lighter albeit not as aerodynamic and pad a little wider). Plan on putting a little lip on pad to get it to run more level. I'll keep you all posted of the outcome when I get to set up stage.