Hey Double J...your GT20 resto.....

strip

That is going to be 1 cool boat. thanks for the info. When I get to a point where I can do it, I want to rehab an XR02 providing I can find one. LOL!

Yellowallison

Seen it friday outta corner my eye....complete bottom was all sanded out smoooooth.......next should be the finalcoat of gel on the bottom....then wet sand buff-shine....then flip over n do deck final gel...ill get some this week....stay tuned.....

Yellowallison

DOUBLE J.....no GT20 pics this week cuz I been otta town since tuezday.... :beer:
chillin/cookin out, relaxin by tha pool in campground near G=ville...to go watch MY GATORS saturday :big grin

but Promise when jacks reopens next week to SNAP ya pics of tha NEW GELCOAT on tha bottom..mon-tues I seen....he just sprayed it.... so by next week he should have it buff out lookin like new $$$ :beer:

Last edited:

DOUBLE J

Hey Scott I talked to Jack and he shooting yellow on it now. Stated bottom is finished. Shoot me some updates if you get time....thanks

DOUBLE J

Thanks Scott....just got some of the "purty" parts in from Allison..ie Allison large and small domed logos, glove box, steering wheel /w adapter and bezel etc.....I starting to feel like a kid in November waiting for Christmas( coming soon but not soon enough!!)

Yellowallison

Thanks Scott....just got some of the "purty" parts in from Allison..ie Allison large and small domed logos, glove box, steering wheel /w adapter and bezel etc.....I starting to feel like a kid in November waiting for Christmas( coming soon but not soon enough!!)
Yea packages from Allison is always like Santa/Christmas morning...

I think MIKEY said this afternoon he would be pullin the plastic off and start sandnbuffing on it...so it should be PRETTY in day or so..:beer:

Last edited:

Yellowallison

got back to back meetings today....so I can't make it over to the shop....probably b tommorow.....stay tuned:beer:

whipper

Wow DoubleJ your GT20 is looks purdy!! I to am getting withdrawls and its your boat!!
Im exited for ya! What a great hull to get new again. Your a lucky man.:beer:

DOUBLE J

Yeah I'm excited. I started driving Allison's since 1991 (ordered and picked up first one @ factory). It was a XR 2002 ski. Since then I have owned other Allisons( Grandsport currently and a SS which I had built also). I like my Grandsport but I miss the handling of the old flat pad boats(i.e Xr 2002). I liked the handling of the XR but hated all the wind in the face. So I'm hoping this will be my compromise plus going after a old school look. I 'm going with a color scheme close to yours Whipper.

whipper

Sounds awsome! The yellow and white with black tips gets loads of looks and complements were ever she goes. A GT with those colors would look incredable I cant wait to see her when shes all ready for water. Whats the power your putting on the GT? Are you going Lavorsi colored bezels and guages? Man oh man what a guy could do starting from scratch these days!!
I was looking at fine Lines interior work and PPI,s out of this world nice. Probably out of this world expensive also though. Tell Yeller to skip those meetings and get some more pics!!

DOUBLE J

I"m planning on putting the 200xri I have currently on the Grandsport on it. I'll regraphic the cover to go with the yellow theme. Part of the deal purchasing the GT was that I would buy the new in box parts that previous owner was planning on using . These parts are SeaStar hyd. steering(good thing) and the Teleflex gauges(4 of them).The gauges don't look bad, I usually rig my boats with Livorsi but oh well. I'm going to use oversized angled bezels and all the billet parts(i.e. cleats,handles,gas cap(old style flip up ),rigging bezels etc) will be yellow.I also plan on putting down custom fit Sea Dek padding instead of carpet. The front buckets are new old style high buckets( original Grandsport style) with yellow Allison seats with white inserts. The rear bench and upholstery is being made by Full Throttle Performance. Putting in the Allison glove box and all the Allison bubble logo's on the boat also. As you can see I can't wait to start installing some of this stuff.

Last edited:

Yellowallison

Tell Yeller to skip those meetings and get some more pics!!
whippie u know ol Yeallr likes to eat good and buy toys.....so i had to do lil work today..instead hangin out @ FTP shootin chit n takin pics :big grin :big grin

Last edited:

whipper

i would rather hang out at FTP and shoot the **** and take pics.:big grin Ya sucks when work gets in the way some times. If only they would just pay be for the rest of my life and I could do what ever i wanted! Not sure thats even going to be in retirment.:big grin Must be nice to have a shop like that close enough to go check out the projects. That GT20 is looking good!!